Courtesy and Respect in AllDeaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreamDeaf

Reaction score
After reviewing whole threads that had bad reports, I have come to the conclusion:

It is almost impossible to please everyone, in fact, near right plain ol' impossible.

At the beginning, when The Great Alex created AllDeaf, it was good.

Then AllDeaf bit into the forbidden fruit.

The Great Alex found out, and was not pleased.

He then cast AllDeaf out into the world, and told it to go forth into the wilderness.

He told it to multiply, and multiply it did.

The Great Alex told AllDeaf that it must worship him as the Great Administrator, and only him.

The Great Alex chose four people to be his disciplines, and do the moderating in AllDeaf.

I could go on and on about this, but I think you're getting my drift.

The main point is here - we could all argue on and on about salient points that we feel most strongly about, but there will always be disagreements and differing opinions on many points.

The basic rule here is to - respect each other's opinion, point of view and comment. You may or may not agree with them, but you cannot disrespect them for that. So far, I have seen many accusations of bashings - and it has taken me almost all morning to read the whole threads where the reports came from. This wasn't easy at all, and you may have noticed that I have left those alone.

I am here to point out one simple fact - that there was no bashing done at all - it was just a very different point of view from someone, that someone took offense at and felt that he/she was being bashed on. I am now saying, it's time to cease and desist that now.

EVERYONE has the right to post his/her own opinion, point of view or comment based on what they believe - and everyone has the right to say the opposite of that person's way of thinking. No one has the right to abuse that person - period.

Next time I see that happen again, I will give an infraction. And I know the moderators will stand by me on that.

thank you.
DreamDeaf

This is being posted in two forums - General Chat and Christianity.

EVERYONE has the right to post his/her own opinion, point of view or comment based on what they believe - and everyone has the right to say the opposite of that person's way of thinking. No one has the right to abuse that person - period.

puyopiyo and Pacman assume me of bashing onto them when I did not, And no moderators remove these two posts. If nobody has the right to abuse that person then why are those two posts still remaining in that thread? And another thing some had made assumptions that I made one thread locked because of my bashing. When it was everyone in that thread did their share of attacking onto each others, But no they just want to blame it on me or the Christians, If you can tell on the last page of that locked thread one poster blamed the going off topic on the Christians. Enough is enough something needs to be done.

http://www.alldeaf.com/christianity...s-about-buddhism-ask-puyopiyo.html#post773543

DreamDeaf. You cannot edit their English problem and remove their threads. I have see some are dishonest, bashing and several more than one user names. I agree with this need to be more respect and good harmony.

Do you realize you just opened up the proverbial can of worms, DD? Everyone on here is a victim, or at least they'd like to think they are.

Simple solution? Close this forum. It was a bad idea to begin with. Anytime you allow Religious/Political discussion, emotion is going to overtake reason.

Just my $.02.

Nah, I say, ".....try, try, try again...", not ",.....cry, cry, cry again.....". So just leave things as they are and maybe someday......someday....

I know moderating for the thankless job it is so hang in there.

Nah, I say, ".....try, try, try again...", not ",.....cry, cry, cry again.....". So just leave things as they are and maybe someday......someday....

I know moderating for the thankless job it is so hang in there.

hhe, now that, I agree. D D is doing and also R R is doing everyway to see what went wrong. Yes, as for moderators, we should be thankful for.

Here an advice: If anyone feels they're being attacked, bashed upon, etc, then you can always add that member on your ignore list, that what I do, it's more peaceful that way :D,

but anyhow, :polishing my halo:....I'll try my hardest to be good little girl in here..

I would like to share my POV.

DreamDeaf´s post
I am here to point out one simple fact - that there was no bashing done at all - it was just a very different point of view from someone, that someone took offense at and felt that he/she was being bashed on. I am now saying, it's time to cease and desist that now.

I beleive the debate threads are good education for us to collect and exchange our experiences as long as we use our common sense and open minded with no insult and bash accord AD rules.

I see the problem is some beleivers cannot accept when we see different as them what we thought about God etc but offense, angry, upset, harrassing etc.. I find the people who are opinionate, make interesting and good point debates but the problem is others cannot accept and see their post as offense, bash, etc which is not. It would be different story if the people label others with bad names. Mainly worst is a person pasted my post from religion thread over Current Event thread to bash me and then again label me with names which is not acceptance, that is because she/he is still angry with my view over God from religion thread when I was in Current Event thread with different subject.

I really have no problem to have anyone to agree and disagree with me as long as we stick AD rules but the problem is the people cannot accept our view and claim that our post are offense, bully, etc. The problem is they cannot understand what the debates is about.

:ty:

Cheri... i did not see you bashing as other two had accused you...wow... whenever things gets heated up.. i just leave and go to other threads...i had not been in here for white couple months...

OFC you got angry at me for nb\ot believe in Bibles.... but you did not bash at me...

DreamDeaf said: "I am here to point out one simple fact - that there was no bashing done at all - it was just a very different point of view from someone, that someone took offense at and felt that he/she was being bashed on. I am now saying, it's time to cease and desist that now."

Ok, DD, I need help: As you say, there WAS NO bashing done at all but that someone thought thhe/she was bashed.

I take it you mean that the one(s) who thought he/she were bashed are the ones who have to desist that now, right?

If that's correct, I commend you for pointing that out because I don't think anyone has seen it from that point of view before. Thanks....

Well, i thought the moderators were doing good job by
taking care of situations that gets out of hand and
closing the threads that do get waaaay out of hand, lol!

This is something everyone needs to read again.

I'm not here to tell what the mods are supposed to do, nor am I trying to start any trouble. I'm very well aware of the rules of alldeaf, the history of alldeaf, and what it takes to get banned here as well.

Now the reason why I quoted that part of DreamDeaf's post is because people needs to remember that I may do a lot of bashing..... of people's viewpoints. The moment I start bashing the person "you're stupid. you're a retard. etc" then I'm just asking for mods to come intervene and possibly ban me. I've lost count how many times people have claimed or accuses me of bashing the person. Just because I'm not nice where I say some colorful phrases and I attack the points made by the person doesn't equal bashing the person itself.

If I respect the poster's viewpoints but I'm not allowed to have my say, then this subforum shouldn't exist under the debate forum. Everyone needs to remind themselves that the moment you post your viewpoints in a debate subforum has to say this in their head: "I'm aware that any viewpoints I bring out may be dealt harshly and critically by an opposing viewer"

If anyone here has a problem with me, then I can only say "I'm sorry to hear that, I wish to cause you no harm". For the truth is, I don't have a problem with anyone else here..... just your viewpoints. :D

Do you realize you just opened up the proverbial can of worms, DD? Everyone on here is a victim, or at least they'd like to think they are.

Simple solution? Close this forum. It was a bad idea to begin with. Anytime you allow Religious/Political discussion, emotion is going to overtake reason.

Just my $.02.

This guy speaks in volumes. The pure and simple logic, the corstone of truth.

I am a victim!!!!! *sobs*!

Honestly, I really don't care what people call me or insult me. I will simply respond telling them that yea, I am a bitch cuz of this or that without bashing back at the person. Usually, it works and I make peace with the other person. DD is right..not every is gonna agree on everything and we could argue until we are blue in the face. Just important to recognize when the argument becomes worthless and just let it go.

I have never thought of reporting anyone to the mods to anyone who has insulted me cuz it is not worth bothering them for silly things like that. If there was someone there constantly attacking me on every post I made then maybe I would send a FYI.

I agree with Xentar...there is a difference between insulting people's point of views and insulting people themselves.

Nobody is perfect but as long as we acknowledge our flaws or wrongdoings, then it is all good.

Points have been made, the good and the bad--however, besides the insults/bashings, disagreeing with another's viewpoints, etc., something else that wasn't made evident that seemingly is popping up here and there throughout some threads...the acts of enticing or to cause conflicting viewpoints to clash, even to the point of showing intimidation as well as doing so in a mockingly manner. Such manner or way of posting is very much to be frowned upon here in AD, it sure doesn't help maintain the overall respect that is expected from members and future members. Even in posts or threads that later point out that such post/thread was a harmless joke to begin with, however, the first few posts following that one post/thread will be posted/commented in a different way whereas such approach may have been viewed seriously or considered worthy to debate over...that in itself is a form of enticing and/or manipulating others to 'jump on a bandwagon' with no idea of the real intention(s) behind the original post/thread. More of these types of posts/threads are showing up...they'll be closed/locked up, with no questions asked. :squint:

~RR

Just my $.02.

Nay, I wouldn't want to close this special section... It wasnt a bad idea but its good for all of us to learn.

Advice: if you cannot stand the heat in the kitchen, stay out...

Yet be respectful and tactful. If you can't, then stay out or watch us in action. I have done this in other hearing forum and enjoyed it tremedously. It is not surprisingly that ALLDeaf religion forum has the same problem as it did in other hearing forums. Its normal everywhere and moderators continue to moditor and give out warnings to those who were tactless and being disrespectful. this thread teaches us how to use self-control which is a very good attribute to have.

I disagreee with so many of you but thats your life, opinion, and most of all your problem.... I don't make your problems mine... I let it be.. I hope you can do the same to me. Don't let my problem be yours.

I agree with Xentar about the difference between people's point of views and people themselves.

It´s insulting, belittling and offense when you say something direct to a person (you are stupid, no knowledge, pathetic, bully, hater, horrible, bad, liar, etc.)

It´s not insulting and offense when you say something against their point of views but debate with agree to disagree OR make your own post without quote anyone to rant/express your feeling. Its also not insulting and offense, when the people express their feeling against Germany, Roman Catholic, Anogistic, etc. etc. because they do not label me directly but express themselves what they feeling and think about anything. It´s good to know what they think of... I have no problem with that.

I still cannot understand why some good and interesting debate threads are being lock, that´s because the people feeling being bashed or insult by their POV. Sometimes they make sense of humor in debate threads, it could make me laugh... but the people see different and feeling being bashed and offense... If the people can´t handle how to debate but keep on offense, angry, annoy etc then this debate is not right for them.

Look at me, I debated at many CI threads in the past. I decided to quit myself because I know myself that it doesn´t work to debate with them but keep repeat, repeat, repeat that´s why I know the CI debate is not right for me and leave CI threads alone and visit any threads, I choose and feel comfortable and enjoy to debate with.

I beleive the debate to exchange/collect experiences are good education for us.

I talked one of Moderators via PM about my view and feeling etc. I´m very surprise that he/she do not reply my PM. I say no more further.

I read it all that Cheri didn't do wrong nothing. Most time someone bashing and insulted on me when I shared to everyone about Jesus Christ the Saviour. I noticed that Reba, Maria and Christ... or me other who Christians never bashing on who anyone not believed God. That's why It not us toward to Jesus Christ. God's eye counting it. If they insulted or bashing then I will not share and open share my heart. I will sure jump out other new posts. DUDE!! That's why I almost quit here because someone insulted me dumbest. I said Praise the Lord because my Spirit is WISDOM more than everything or education. I do my best good grammar since I am stronger ASL. I do best everything when I can and be patient myself. I understand everyone are different individual and different background. Reason, I don't want see anyone go to hell. God called me go Gospel Deaf World for Jesus Christ the Saviour. Guess what! I been suffered many deaf people insulted and turned me down since 17 yrs. How image that! Sometimes I cried out because I am broke my heart for people who not believed God. God gave me stronger what ever matter or happens. I got information a letter from someone send a letter. I sad that deaf millions are lost and only 20 percent who believed with Jesus Christ the Saviour. I pray for you and all who are lost. John 3:16 :angel: :angel: God love you all the world!

I noticed that Reba, Maria and Christ... or me other who Christians never bashing on who anyone not believed God. That's why It not us toward to Jesus Christ.

Do I understand your statement correctly that you and Christians NEVER bash and insult ADers in Religion threads?

It´s insulting, belittling and offense when you say something direct to a person (you are stupid, no knowledge, pathetic, bully, hater, horrible, bad, liar, etc.)

Labeling Christians looney, mental disorder, bible thumpers are offensive words, and it has been uses in this forum.

If the people can´t handle how to debate but keep on offense, angry, annoy etc then this debate is not right for them.

But, some of you kept saying we the Christians refused to face the logic, It's the same way applies to some of you about Faith. Everyone has done their share of taking posts personal, Don't say you haven't because you have, so have I so have anyone else in here, does that mean we are not right to fit in a debate? No, It means that we have to be more careful on how we wording out our words when replying to a post. ;)

Remember what DreamDeaf stated: everyone has the right to say the opposite of that person's way of thinking. No one has the right to abuse that person - period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back