Courtesy and Respect in AllDeaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Labeling Christians looney, mental disorder, bible thumpers are offensive words, and it has been uses in this forum.

If they quote your post to label direct YOU like this as person is YES...

If they express/rant their feeling to name the Religion without quote your post directly is NO... because it´s belief, they label to, not you as person.

But, some of you kept saying we the Christians refused to face the logic, It's the same way applies to some of you about Faith. Everyone has done their share of taking posts personal, Don't say you haven't because you have, so have I so have anyone else in here, does that mean we are not right to fit in a debate? No, It means that we have to be more careful on how we wording out our words when replying to a post. ;)

Well as long as they are not angry, upset, offence, harrassment becasue we have different POV... Example: a person stated that he/she don´t beleive in God, OT & NT etc, a beleiver take a person´s post serious and harrass her because of this is not right debate. A beleiver should ask a person "why?" then a person would be more glad to answer beleiver´s question, then a believer could agree/disagree against their POV or whatever is right debate. I can agree to disagree against your POV, not you as person... What is debate for ;). What I say in debate threads about logic and reality is not bash/insult... Right? Yes I said that Christians can´t see the logic in debate threads is also not bash/insult as well... Right? If Christians or any believers continue with their debate to agree to disagree against our POV is no problem as long as there´re no bash/insult/offense/angry, etc. Right?

Again, as long as the people should not take debate posts serious. We accept the fact that each person have different POV as long as we agree to debate each other against our POV in respectfully way instead of angry, upset, offense, etc.

Remember what DreamDeaf stated: everyone has the right to say the opposite of that person's way of thinking. No one has the right to abuse that person - period.

I would not upset if anyone label the name of religion negatively in their own post without quote anyone directly because I know it´s belief they negative to, not me as person. If they quote my post to negative me as person is an abuse etc. Right?

I'm not sure if any of you around the world have religious laws--

USA-U.S CONSTITUTION - BILL OF RIGHTS:

Amendment I Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Religious tolerance" is one of many religious terms that have multiple, conflicting meanings:

To many religious conservatives, a religiously tolerant person must accept the concept of pluralism -- that all religions are equally true. Most find this totally objectionable.

To most religious moderates, religious liberals and secularists, a religiously tolerant person simply allows others to pursue their own religious beliefs and practices freely, without discrimination or oppression. This includes the freedom to change one's own religion, to assemble with other believers, and to proselytize others. Most find this a badly needed addition to culture.

Unfortunately, the concept "actions which harm people" is not well defined. It leads to a question whether it is acceptable, and even preferable, to harm a few individuals in order to avoid a larger harm to the society as a whole.

Religious tolerance does not require you to accept other religions as true.

Religious tolerance does not mean that you cannot compare one religion with another, or compare religion with a secular belief system, or analyze the scientific claims of a religion.

Religious tolerance does not necessarily mean religious indifference.

CANADIAN CHARTER OF RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS:

Section 1. The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms guarantees the rights and freedoms set out in it subject only to such reasonable limits prescribed by law as can be demonstrably justified in a free and democratic society.

Section 2. Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms:
--freedom of conscience and religion;
--freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication;
--freedom of peaceful assembly; and
--freedom of association.

FRENCH HUMAN RIGHTS DECLARATION "Droits de L'homme":

Article 18: Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.
Article 19: Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers..

CONSTITUTION OF BRAZIL, 1946:

Freedom of conscience and belief is inviolable, and the free exercise of religious sects is assured, as long as they are not contrary to public order or good morals. Religious associations shall acquire juridical personality according to civil law. No one shall be deprived of these rights by reason of religious, philosophic, or political convictions.

CONSTITUTION OF AUSTRALIA:

The Commonwealth shall not make any law for establishing any religion, or for imposing any religious observance, or for prohibiting the free exercise of any religion, and no religious test shall be required as a qualification for any office or public trust under the Commonwealth.

CONSTITUTION OF GREECE:

Article 13, Phrase 2 of the Greek Constitution guarantees the freedom to practice religion, but does not allow individuals to attempt to convert others' religious beliefs.

"There shall be freedom to practice any known religion; individuals shall be free to perform their rites of worship without hindrance and under the protection of the law. The performance of rites of worship must not prejudice public order or public morals. Proselytism is prohibited."

The prohibition of proselytism is reinforced by Section 4 of Greek Law No.1363/38, as amended by Law No. 1672/39. It states:

1. Anyone engaging in proselytism shall be liable to imprisonment and a fine of between 1,000 and 50,000 drachmas; he shall, moreover, be subject to police supervision for a period of between six months and one year to be fixed by the court when convicting the offender.
2. By ‘proselytism’ is meant, in particular, any direct or indirect attempt to intrude on the religious beliefs of a person of a different religious persuasion (eterodoxos), with the aim of undermining those beliefs, either by any kind of inducement or promise of an inducement or moral support or material assistance, or by fraudulent means or by taking advantage of the other person’s inexperience, trust, need, low intellect or naivete.
3. The commission of such an offence in a school or other educational establishment or philanthropic institution shall constitute a particularly aggravating circumstance."

1,000 drachmas is worth about $3.50 US; 50,000 drachmas is worth about $175.

INTERNATIONAL COVENANT ON CIVIL AND POLITICAL RIGHTS

Selected references related to religious freedom:
Article 2.1 Each State Party to the present Covenant undertakes to respect and to ensure to all individuals within its territory and subject to its jurisdiction the rights recognized in the present Covenant, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status.

Article 4.1 In time of public emergency which threatens the life of the nation and the existence of which is officially proclaimed, the States Parties to the present Covenant may take measures derogating from their obligations under the present Covenant to the extent strictly required by the exigencies of the situation, provided that such measures are not inconsistent with their other obligations under international law and do not involve discrimination solely on the ground of race, colour, sex, language, religion or social origin.

Article 18.1 Everyone shall have the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion. This right shall include freedom to have or to adopt a religion or belief of his choice, and freedom, either individually or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in worship, observance, practice and teaching.

Article 18.2 No one shall be subject to coercion which would impair his freedom to have or to adopt a religion or belief of his choice.

Article 18.3 Article 18.3 Freedom to manifest one's religion or beliefs may be subject only to such limitations as are prescribed by law and are necessary to protect public safety, order, health, or morals or the fundamental rights and freedoms of others.

Article 18.4 The States Parties to the present Covenant undertake to have respect for the liberty of parents and, when applicable, legal guardians to ensure the religious and moral education of their children in conformity with their own convictions.

Article 20.2 Any advocacy of national, racial or religious hatred that constitutes incitement to discrimination, hostility or violence shall be prohibited by law.

Article 26 All persons are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to the equal protection of the law. In this respect, the law shall prohibit any discrimination and guarantee to all persons equal and effective protection against discrimination on any ground such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status.

Article 27 In those States in which ethnic, religious or linguistic minorities exist, persons belonging to such minorities shall not be denied the right, in community with the other members of their group, to enjoy their own culture, to profess and practice their own religion, or to use their own language.

FRENCH HUMAN RIGHTS DECLARATION "Droits de L'homme":

Article 18: Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.
Article 19: Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers..

CONSTITUTION OF BRAZIL, 1946:

Freedom of conscience and belief is inviolable, and the free exercise of religious sects is assured, as long as they are not contrary to public order or good morals. Religious associations shall acquire juridical personality according to civil law. No one shall be deprived of these rights by reason of religious, philosophic, or political convictions.

CONSTITUTION OF AUSTRALIA:

The Commonwealth shall not make any law for establishing any religion, or for imposing any religious observance, or for prohibiting the free exercise of any religion, and no religious test shall be required as a qualification for any office or public trust under the Commonwealth.

CONSTITUTION OF GREECE:

Article 13, Phrase 2 of the Greek Constitution guarantees the freedom to practice religion, but does not allow individuals to attempt to convert others' religious beliefs.

"There shall be freedom to practice any known religion; individuals shall be free to perform their rites of worship without hindrance and under the protection of the law. The performance of rites of worship must not prejudice public order or public morals. Proselytism is prohibited."

The prohibition of proselytism is reinforced by Section 4 of Greek Law No.1363/38, as amended by Law No. 1672/39. It states:

1. Anyone engaging in proselytism shall be liable to imprisonment and a fine of between 1,000 and 50,000 drachmas; he shall, moreover, be subject to police supervision for a period of between six months and one year to be fixed by the court when convicting the offender.
2. By ‘proselytism’ is meant, in particular, any direct or indirect attempt to intrude on the religious beliefs of a person of a different religious persuasion (eterodoxos), with the aim of undermining those beliefs, either by any kind of inducement or promise of an inducement or moral support or material assistance, or by fraudulent means or by taking advantage of the other person’s inexperience, trust, need, low intellect or naivete.
3. The commission of such an offence in a school or other educational establishment or philanthropic institution shall constitute a particularly aggravating circumstance."

1,000 drachmas is worth about $3.50 US; 50,000 drachmas is worth about $175.

INTERNATIONAL COVENANT ON CIVIL AND POLITICAL RIGHTS

Selected references related to religious freedom:
Article 2.1 Each State Party to the present Covenant undertakes to respect and to ensure to all individuals within its territory and subject to its jurisdiction the rights recognized in the present Covenant, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status.

Article 4.1 In time of public emergency which threatens the life of the nation and the existence of which is officially proclaimed, the States Parties to the present Covenant may take measures derogating from their obligations under the present Covenant to the extent strictly required by the exigencies of the situation, provided that such measures are not inconsistent with their other obligations under international law and do not involve discrimination solely on the ground of race, colour, sex, language, religion or social origin.

Article 18.1 Everyone shall have the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion. This right shall include freedom to have or to adopt a religion or belief of his choice, and freedom, either individually or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in worship, observance, practice and teaching.

Article 18.2 No one shall be subject to coercion which would impair his freedom to have or to adopt a religion or belief of his choice.

Article 18.3 Article 18.3 Freedom to manifest one's religion or beliefs may be subject only to such limitations as are prescribed by law and are necessary to protect public safety, order, health, or morals or the fundamental rights and freedoms of others.

Article 18.4 The States Parties to the present Covenant undertake to have respect for the liberty of parents and, when applicable, legal guardians to ensure the religious and moral education of their children in conformity with their own convictions.

Article 20.2 Any advocacy of national, racial or religious hatred that constitutes incitement to discrimination, hostility or violence shall be prohibited by law.

Article 26 All persons are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to the equal protection of the law. In this respect, the law shall prohibit any discrimination and guarantee to all persons equal and effective protection against discrimination on any ground such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status.

Article 27 In those States in which ethnic, religious or linguistic minorities exist, persons belonging to such minorities shall not be denied the right, in community with the other members of their group, to enjoy their own culture, to profess and practice their own religion, or to use their own language.

Was this international laws decided in UN?

Mecooncat...
Does all these laws pertain to us in Alldeaf? :eek3:
haha, just kiddin....

This forum is now open again.

Please show respect around here, you know the rules. If you vehemently disagree with another member's beliefs/views/opinions, take it outside the forum.

Thank you.

Please show respect around here, you know the rules. If you vehemently disagree with another member's beliefs/views/opinions, take it outside the forum.

Thank you.

:ty:

Good Website Pages here

This "Christianity, Religion, Spiritual & Other Beliefs" subject caught my attention and I'm very happy that religion is open. :D:D I'd better to post a thread now that I hope it may help you guys.

Well...
Unfortunately, I lost a several cool website for how to control youself while you are in discussion or debate issue on religious or anything else. However, I only have one copy from one religious website page (Creationism Club Page) and kept it to my folders:

"If you are a christian or a kind of religious then you should take some steps by steps.

* First, clam down and to think twice before you type a comment. In the note, you should never mock them back.

* Second, to check your comment if there is any error grammar and your answers/opinions/thoughts/etc should fit in their questions correctly without a nonsense, rudeness, or a kind of disrespectful issue.

* Third, if a person is still -insulting/harassing/attacking/etc- you then to see the first and second steps before to explain or tell this person; and you could tell this person that you rather to have a peace. Or you could remind this person that creator of his/her thread prefers to have clean comments. -In the note, never mock them back.-

* Fourth, do repeat it until to see the fifth step if they still won't stop. -Again, in the note, never mock them back.-

* Fifth, if a person still will not end the insluting then you should never mock him/her back. Leaving her/him alone and go for other posts or threads instead, however, if you want to return his or her post. You should cool yourself down first and to start with the first to fifth steps again. -In another note, always cool yourself down before post a comment.

In the note - It may be hard for you to deal with a kind of comment forum. it's important is always stay clam down.

Besides... what I have is wikiHow - The How-to Manual That You Can Edit here..

This is pretty useful if you are a non-religious. I hope it can help you to deal with them. =)
How to Deal With Religious People if You Are an Atheist - wikiHow

Same thing with this: http://www.wikihow.com/Get-People-to-Accept-That-You%27re-a-Christian.

Random Questions for how deal with any kind of situation. http://www.wikihow.com/Special:LSea...+Non-Religious+People+if+You+Are+a+Christian?

I hope this will help for you guys. =) Unless if you have a good/cool website page which is much better than my thread, bring it to here! PLEASE, we may need that. ;)

---- ----- ----- ------- ----- ------ ------- ------ ---​

I know that religion subject is pretty hot but I dont want to see anybody else get out of control again like last time.. I guess it's now my change to keep an eye on members (not 100% always). Personally, I'm good at keeping people stay under control anyway. lol :)

Thank you.

:ty::ty::ty: :)

Yup, Alex, outside the forum; at the Ok Corral at high noon every Saturday! Lol....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back