Courtesy and Respect in AllDeaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what you are saying that we should respect everyone's views on the forum. As for me, I have a hard time keeping my temper out of bashing to the hearing people as they are more stubborn and don't or refuse to understand our Deaf Culture. We argue like cats and dogs which is really silly that we are acting like children. I will try to behave like a big girl and not act up in the forum. I am sorry about that. I will try to do better. :peace:

umm, i just join alldeaf and i hasnt see anything like this.. but oh well

umm, i just join alldeaf and i hasnt see anything like this.. but oh well

That is because, in the last week to 10 days the moderators' guns have been OFF safety. Locked and loaded! :giggle:

Well, matey, I guess your bow wasn't deep enough if you get my drift. lol

*bows EVEN deeper even my nose could touch the floor without any assistance* :bowdown: How's that? ;)

we definitely need a clear set of rules, if not how will I know what to break:giggle:

we definitely need a clear set of rules, if not how will I know what to break:giggle:

Ha ha ha, I'm with you, Macian. I'd much rather beg for forgiveness than ask permission.

But . . . I'll stop flaming; however, but there goes at least half my posts.

they should have a consesus from AD members for who is going to be a new mod....i dont like the secretive negotiation taking place then bam, 'an announencement of a a new grammer cop or audist cop on board....groans or those with a pretenious "i respect yours and saying none of this own views except the 'most populat views' how come arent there any 'radical members' taking a role as a mod, and NO, i dont mean a Striaght ASL then crap english....just to 'demonstrate Deafer mods arent 'good enough' its like being selected for 'show' on purpose, not on. this is 'rare'but when it does happen it is embarrassing or worse, worse insulting themselve without even realise it just because its supposed to be a 'good job' i dont care if its volunteering. my point is mods are sometimes toooo audist...

they should have a consesus from AD members for who is going to be a new mod....i dont like the secretive negotiation taking place then bam, 'an announencement of a a new grammer cop or audist cop on board....groans or those with a pretenious "i respect yours and saying none of this own views except the 'most populat views' how come arent there any 'radical members' taking a role as a mod, and NO, i dont mean a Striaght ASL then crap english....just to 'demonstrate Deafer mods arent 'good enough' its like being selected for 'show' on purpose, not on. this is 'rare'but when it does happen it is embarrassing or worse, worse insulting themselve without even realise it just because its supposed to be a 'good job' i dont care if its volunteering. my point is mods are sometimes toooo audist...

grummer, i have met a few of them who are mods or own this ad. they aren't audist for your information. They are in the same situations as us who face the world everyday. I understand being on duty as moderator and adminstration is not easy. I was a moderator from other forum and it was a hard job!! They are doing their jobs to ensure make sure this AD to be running for a long time without insulting, provaking, offensive or any other things nasty words.

It is our responsible is not to offend anyone, and educate them and no foul languages. If they keep attacking us and keep cool and keep educating them back showing that we Deafies/ASL or BSL or any forms of sign language users can do anything as well as them but keep educating them. Remind you that the majority is hearing so what can we do is to be patience and educating. I know the hearing people always look down at those peeps whose don't speak or dont hear or anything but we have to educate them.

so moderators and adminstration are looking for anyone who makes foul languages, uncooperates, stink attitudes and so and get banned for it. That sucks i know that but you know better right?

you can feel freely ban me for being tooooo nice tame. ;) *mew*

Ohhh where to start here.

Alright a lot of good points are being made here but let me first start off by saying this. We are not here to make you guys miserable we are simply here to keep order of things. Also, let me address this whole electing mod thing. Alex picks mods because it is seriously a hard job. You have to have people that can know when to draw the line in certain situations. If we elected mods here then it would be the same as any other conversation on the website, you agree with who you like and what YOU want. So selecting a mod isn't a popularity contest, Alex does this by selecting people he feels are not biest to what everyone wants. For instance when I came to AD NO ONE knew me but Alex did, I took a website of his and I personally cleaned it up and made it a safer place for all of the members. I can still remember what it was like when I first went there and then when he hired me on as a mod how much better it was to have someone he could count on that was going to be there, and guess what I DID THAT BECAUSE I WANTED TO. I wasn't getting paid I wasn't doing it to get anything out of it, I simply just cared about the members and wanted it to be a safe place for people to meet other Deaf/HOH/Hearing people. And as it goes, he was looking for someone over here to be a mod and I offered a gesture. Did people get mad, sure but I think people have realized that I am fair, I don't pick sides and I usually do or what I think is the best thing.

Here is the downside to this job, we wont always make everyone happy. Here is also something you probably don't know. 3/4 of the reports we get are of personal issues people have with one another. But we deal with it, we deal with it if we are woken up at 4am because our phones won't stop buzzing from emails that ping our accounts one right after another. We deal with it when we are have CHristmas dinner with our families or another other time of the day. NOT EVERYONE WILL GET ALONG! People all have their own opinions and the problem here isn't the mods just banning people, the problem is that people here don't respect each others opinions. Things people say offend people and rub them the wrong way and as a mod HERE it is our job to stop that from happening.

It is heart breaking to sometimes see new members who come here seeking info only to be scared off because of the lack of trust our members have because of one another and the lack of respecting other ideas and thoughts.

I have never just banned someone that has never been banned before. But big surprise it rarely happens. Most of the bands here are repeat offenders, we all know this, this isn't something new. I will admit though if I am being really honest that sometimes I have banned someone that may have done something that wasn't huge but because there had been maybe like 3 or 4 days of bickering between a lot of members and you just get sick of it, to let there be peace because you know that if that person was banned for a little while for the things they say to just piss other members off, that we mods can rest and not feel like we are babysitting adults.

The amount of disrespect some members show mods after doing something terrible or saying something terrible and just being warned is awful sometimes. I get called a b*tch and cussed out at because it is me who is trying to bring peace to a place I love to come to. If most people knew me they would know I am far from being a B*tch and I am the nicest person to get along with.

Sometimes members just see what is going on in front of them and they don't see the behind the scenes things that some members do to eachother or say about eachother. I do, and I do WHAT is right and sometimes I may not agree with it but for the most part I do what is right or at least I hope I do.

And it isnt anyone decision to think of who would be a good mod here or not, its Alex's. So please, take it easy on us. We, just like you are people behind a screen, with feelings and emotions. I know I know I just took the whole illusion of us being crazy moderators away but its true.

Also, another thing about the banning. There are a lot of repeat offenders you may or may not like that should be banned permanently if we went in the order or all things considered but we hate to have to do that so we do give more chances. But the times when people get banned for something small its because they get many chances and never learn.

Anyway, sorry I just rambled on and on. I hope this gives you a little light of what you guys are talking about.

CBE

Sometimes members just see what is going on in front of them and they don't see the behind the scenes things that some members do to eachother or say about eachother. I do, and I do WHAT is right and sometimes I may not agree with it but for the most part I do what is right or at least I hope I do.

CBE

Can you guys read other members' personal messages or something?

No, we can't read PMs unless they get reported to us. But this is what Im saying, you guys don't see the reports and what people say when they report, we do. thats all I was trying to say.

Hey howag,

Nope it's not true at all. I'm not sure who or what keeps bringing up this unfounded rumor and this is definitely not the first time I've seen it.
Someone or something out there keeps saying the moderators can read the contents of member's Private Messages, this is completely 100% false.

The only time it would ever possible is if the recipient reports the private message, then everyone gets copies of the reported message.

If people are interested in discussing a member's bans, it's always better to bring it up privately.
As per a generalized rule, we're not supposed to discuss bans publicly out of sake for respect in the involved. While it can do good, it goes both ways, it can also be negative for an opposing party.

No, we can't read PMs unless they get reported to us. But this is what Im saying, you guys don't see the reports and what people say when they report, we do. thats all I was trying to say.

Hey howag,

Nope it's not true at all. I'm not sure who or what keeps bringing up this unfounded rumor and this is definitely not the first time I've seen it.
Someone or something out there keeps saying the moderators can read the contents of member's Private Messages, this is completely 100% false.

The only time it would ever possible is if the recipient reports the private message, then everyone gets copies of the reported message.

Ah ok, thanks for clearing this up.

For me....it's been very peaceful right lately around AD !! And just love it. Respect is the name of the game, we all should agree to disagree and let it go, as our opinions do differ muchly...

There have been so many times that members are called names and insulted, over and over!...Many deafies leave....and some are actually afraid to come here. That should not be the case!

Education, having fun on a Forum will bring people back, over and over. No one needs to insult anyone here. Hoping for a Happy New Year for AD....let's make it so!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back