Could someone help me?

Reaction score
Hi! I'm a student from the Netherlands and I'm doing some research on sign languages, I would really appreciate it if someone could help me by answering a few questions.

What sign language(s) do you use?

Do you sometimes struggle to communicate with people that don’t know sign language? How do you ususally overcome this?

Do you often encounter signs that you don’t know?

Do you often experience that you use different signs than other people that use the same sign language?

How much would you say your sign language depends on mouth movement and body language?

Was it hard for you to learn sign language? / Was it hard for you to learn a spoken language?

What is the most important difference between sign languages and spoken languages?

Do you use sayings that come from spoken languages in your sign language?

What's your favorite idiom / saying / visual pun in your sign language?

What’s your favourite part about deaf culture?

Have you ever tried to communicate with another signing person that doesn’t know the same sign language? If so, what sign language and how did it go?

Thank you in advance!

You already made a thread in this I believe. To repeat what I already posted there would be a duplicate.

You already made a thread in this I believe. To repeat what I already posted there would be a duplicate.
I just saw it, thank you very much!! Since it's for school I have to collect different answers from different sources and compare them, which is why I've posted on several forums and threads. This really helps, so thank you!

Back