Could it be?

Shoshana

Reaction score
so for the people who remeber the post about all the problems Ive been having since implant and my desire to explant--today I went to the Audiologist again (I go often lol) I got new ear molds (clear with blue sparkles YAY!), they tried to adjust the implant for the hell of it but were unable to connect since the programing was advanced since I was last adjusted. Though I dont use the implant much anymore, They said its good to have it adjusted and I dont want to goto a doctor and have them tell me I need to do that before they can give me any answers.

They also did a balance test. I had two Doctors working with me and both seemed baffled by the reaction and outcome. They gave me the names of two other implant doctors to see, and said I need to go--It seems like someone is finally listening that it might be the implant!!

I feel so lucky to have such great Audiologist helping me, they told me they want to look more into it, research, contact other doctors and help me get answers!

Though I didnt get any answers today I feel like I am heading in the right direction!

That's great! I hope you can get your problems resolved and be healthier.

Usually when it get to the point that its the actual implant, the reps from the company go to your audiologist office and use some special crap they got. Thats how they officially accounced that my internal implant was the issue and not the processor.

Your sitaution is different though cause the implant is probably working correctly, just your body is not reacting "fine" with it.

Usually when it get to the point that its the actual implant, the reps from the company go to your audiologist office and use some special crap they got. Thats how they officially accounced that my internal implant was the issue and not the processor.

Your sitaution is different though cause the implant is probably working correctly, just your body is not reacting "fine" with it.

Right--they checked it today and the computer said the internal device worked perfectly and so did the external part (she listened to it herself). I need to go back next week to go it, not looking forward to it, but they know I dont use it anyways.

I told my dad today I was not using the implant because its broken....which is true...its cracked on the body (from me throwing it so many times--immature i know!) and the battery will fall out and its $250 for a new one. Im hoping once I speak to the implant doctors I can sit my dad down and explaine....but right now Im still scared to :(

Yay! Glad things are finally looking up!!!

That is wonderful. One step at a time. I am glad that you are finally getting on the road to resolution.

Right--they checked it today and the computer said the internal device worked perfectly and so did the external part (she listened to it herself). I need to go back next week to go it, not looking forward to it, but they know I dont use it anyways.

I told my dad today I was not using the implant because its broken....which is true...its cracked on the body (from me throwing it so many times--immature i know!) and the battery will fall out and its $250 for a new one. Im hoping once I speak to the implant doctors I can sit my dad down and explaine....but right now Im still scared to :(

fyi, implant is internal, processor is external. So you "were throwing it (processor) so many times"

Implant doctors are the surgeons, processor doctors (as well as consulting with implant) are audiologist. :wave:

fyi, implant is internal, processor is external. So you "were throwing it (processor) so many times"

Implant doctors are the surgeons, processor doctors (as well as consulting with implant) are audiologist. :wave:

lol thats what I mean, Throw the processor a lot.

lol thats what I mean, Throw the processor a lot.

Yeah, i used to do that too when i was younger. Now the processor breaks when im working out. I need to have it on when im working out cause I'm worry if anything dangerous with the equipment will happen in the weight room

Are the processors always that fragile? Understandably they wouldn't fare will with being thrown around, but why would they break just because you're working out?

Are the processors always that fragile? Understandably they wouldn't fare will with being thrown around, but why would they break just because you're working out?

Ive thrown mine very hard a number of times against hard walls which is why it cracked, Ive also fully submerged in water. They are not that breakable....

Shoshana- I'm glad the Audi's are paying attention. This will take some time, but in the end it will all work out well for you. Thinking good thoughts for you.

Sweat over time builds up in the processor killing off the mics.

Theyre arent as fragile as you think they are beach girl, but they can break from smallest things possible.

Sweat over time builds up in the processor killing off the mics.

Theyre arent as fragile as you think they are beach girl, but they can break from smallest things possible.

Ummm....OK. I had thought they were pretty strong, but "break from the smallest things possible" sounds a bit ominous.

Yeah, i used to do that too when i was younger. Now the processor breaks when im working out. I need to have it on when im working out cause I'm worry if anything dangerous with the equipment will happen in the weight room

If the weight room just all of a suddenly fell on you.... I don't think hearing anything would help a bit.

In all seriousness... Once things already made noises in the weight room, its most likely its too late to do anything.

If the weight room just all of a suddenly fell on you.... I don't think hearing anything would help a bit.

In all seriousness... Once things already made noises in the weight room, its most likely its too late to do anything.
True, vibration is felt too. But its better to be aware whats around you. Theres usually a bunch of idiots in la fitness that drop weights and the vibration scares you. I mean one time, a moron put a dumbell on the stand wrong and it fell and rolled to my workspace. I heard it fall and moved away just in case.

Ummm....OK. I had thought they were pretty strong, but "break from the smallest things possible" sounds a bit ominous.
all really depends on the person. I used to have mine broken every 6 months, just send it in, got replaced and got a new one :) lol. My cochlear N5 broke once due to sweat thhis year.

If youre someone that takes really well care of it, it'll probably break once every 2 years. If youre someone that is not so protective or do a lot of wearing, it may break a few times a year.

I usually take off my hearing aid and implant when I am jogging, mowing the lawn and exercising. I learn how to work out in silent. When I was younger my hearing aid, Oticon at the time used to short out in sweat every two months in the summer.

True, vibration is felt too. But its better to be aware whats around you. Theres usually a bunch of idiots in la fitness that drop weights and the vibration scares you. I mean one time, a moron put a dumbell on the stand wrong and it fell and rolled to my workspace. I heard it fall and moved away just in case.

all really depends on the person. I used to have mine broken every 6 months, just send it in, got replaced and got a new one :) lol. My cochlear N5 broke once due to sweat thhis year.

If youre someone that takes really well care of it, it'll probably break once every 2 years. If youre someone that is not so protective or do a lot of wearing, it may break a few times a year.

ear gear is good for sweat and moisture, there's one for CI users like you

Back