Cornell accepted me

Mimsy

Reaction score
My parents just called a little while ago to tell me that I have been granted early admission to Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine. Classes begin in three weeks. I have to get back to NY and decide what to do. I can't live in campus housing with Luca and I can't leave him behind. Cornell is 250 miles away, upstate NY. I don't have much time to manage all this. It's happening so fast. Excited, happy, worried, scared. I don't handle big changes well. Anxiety. I'm holding on until I get back to NY so my parents and brothers can help snap me out of my fears. I will make it. I'll be ok. Vacation over. Serious schooling begins. Talking to myself.

Great news Mimsy!!! Your right, it is all happening rather quickly. I hope you can find a place that allows Luca and is close to school. Best wishes in your next giant step in life!!!!

congrats. cornell is an interesting place. someone showed me the excellent thift stores and i love it. I still wear my earrings! ha ha bring warm clothes with you and warm clothes for your tiny doggie.

Congrats! :)
Will you attend the deaf club there? Want to meet up with some ADers?

Wirelessly posted

Congratulations!

Wirelessly posted

Jiro said:
uh oh!!!! matajan alert!

j/k. congratulation!

I was thinking the same thing LOL

Congrats, Mimsy.

Cornell is not an easy college to get into, and if you got in, you are one of the few that qualify. In the working world, most Cornell grads are considered very smart.

Thank you all very much.

Nice stuff there you got! You start uni as I am finishing up! Poor me :P

Matty, I'm already in university. I would have been a senior this fall, but I was early accepted into the graduate program college of vet med at another school. So school has been my focus for a while now. Now another few years of school. However, I enjoy school very much.

someone showed me the excellent thift stores and i love it. I still wear my earrings!

I love thrift stores.

Congrats! :)
Will you attend the deaf club there? Want to meet up with some ADers?

naisho, I would love to.

Cornell is not an easy college to get into, and if you got in, you are one of the few that qualify. In the working world, most Cornell grads are considered very smart.

green, yes I'm smart, but I have serious anxiety issues that I would trade for being average/below average in school. I pray that when I get into the working world, I will be well and be able to do my work without anxiety disorder. Thank you for the congrats.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's that?

matajan is an old member that drove us insane. Do a search for his posts and you will understand.

green, yes I'm smart, but I have serious anxiety issues that I would trade for being average/below average in school. I pray that when I get into the working world, I will be well and be able to do my work without anxiety disorder. Thank you for the congrats.

Many of us, myself included, have anxiety issues. I live and work with people that get all bent out of shape over the smallest things. Seeking professional counseling does make a big difference. You are already halfway there by acknowledging your issues, as most people are in denial. It will never go away, just need to manage it. Exercise has a huge calming effect. After losing 40lbs and getting my blood counts under control, my anxiety has been cut in half. If only I could do something about the people.........

Mimsy: much success in your new studies. Hard work on the horizon!

Thank you guys again.

Does anyone think Fraternity means for men only, as is traditional? I ask because I found this, close to the Veterinary Medicine building:

Fraternities
In addition to the various housing options listed above, there is one veterinary fraternity at the College of Veterinary Medicine that some DVM students call home. Omega Tau Sigma (OTS)
The Omega Tau Sigma veterinary fraternity house is located at 200 Willard Way, Ithaca. Each year it becomes home to about 12 OTS members from all four classes. Small rooms (single occupancy) are $775 per semester and large rooms (also single occupancy) are $1075 per semester. Most rooms come with some furnishings (usually a bed, always a desk). Residents share a large living room (with cable TV) kitchen and basement. Pets are welcome at OTS where they enjoy a large fenced-in back yard.

Back