Corneal abrasion

Oceanbreeze

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I'm posting this as information on corneal abrasions. In simple terms, a corneal abrasion is a bruise of your cornea; the lens of your eye.

I fell while getting into bed last Thurs and my Mom found me lying on the floor. I was helped back up into bed where I fell asleep. When I woke up the next morning, water was pouring from my eye and I could not see. We went to the emergency room, where I learned that when I fell I bruised 95% of the cornea. The eye was (and is) still very blood shot and I'm light sensitive. It's been a week now, and, I can stand to be on the computer for short periods of time, but, I spent three days in bed. This has been very, very painful as well.

Here's some information on corneal abrasions:

http://www.webmd.com/eye-health/corneal-abrasions

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about this, Ocean!...You take care and get as much rest and sleep possible.

Oh, my, I'm so sorry that you hurt your eye! I will pray for your quicker and complete recovery.

Take it easy. :hug:

Sorry to hear about this, Ocean!...You take care and get as much rest and sleep possible.

Oh, my, I'm so sorry that you hurt your eye! I will pray for your quicker and complete recovery.

Take it easy. :hug:

Sorry to hear about this Oceanbreeze. Hope you feel better soon!

Thank you all! I meant to post a link to a website, but, my eyes were starting to blur so I logged out. I'll fix that here in a min.

In the article it says that, usually, corneal bruising happens when something gets into the eye or whatever. In my case, I fell on the corner of a trash can that is beside my bed, and, bruised the cornea as I was falling. I also blackened the eye once I hit the ground. *sigh*

There is good news. These abrasions heal quickly and the pain is nearly gone. My eyes feel 100% better from just one week ago. The redness is also about gone. I'm hoping that in just another couple of days this will all be a memory.

Incidently, head injury was also a possiblity, but, I had a CT scan of my head and that was ruled out. :)

sorry you are well better take an recovery hope better improve heal!

Sorry about your bad luck. I tend to get that on my left eye because of facial paralysis there.

It sucks. Hope you are much better soon.

Thank you all!

I am much better! There is still a bit of pain where I hit the ground and my eyes are still gritty from some left over conjunctivities (yes, it got infected too!), but, I'm doing a lot better!

Back