Cool apps, Android IP webcam

purplecatty

Reaction score
I was browsing through some kind of hacks that I can remove webcam from phone or anything that use USB base camera. I came across one website

How To Use Android As Webcam for PC [via USB and Wireless ]

I decide to try it. I download free app from Android Market then ran the app. I click "run server" and phone show camera running and showing ip address that you can copy and run on your laptop or pc browser. I ran Chrome browser and I typed ip address ending with :8080 then chose Java player. I have to click permission to "allow all" , it worked!! But at first, I was on 3g cellular network and I closed the app cuz it's very slow and switched to wifi then switch back to app. and ran it. Again, same thing but local ip address within my router and tried again on Browser, Wow!! Niiice smooth video. :hmm: I learn that you can use skype with your phone as webcam if you follow instruction on browser on how to setup properly then you'll have Skype on desktop or laptop using your phone as webcam. You probably can run outside and show off your new car and run back and see what they had to say :rofl:

It seem to be a great emergency app that you really need instant ip webcam for Skype. I wonder what about VRS?? I bet something new!

Catty

Back