Conspiracy Against Deaf

brotheryellow

Reaction score
we need Deaf teachers, Deaf police, Deaf politicians in equal ratio and proportion to Deaf population, same as other minorities.. here are my thoughts related to this matter and how we can change things :cool2:

we need Deaf teachers, Deaf police, Deaf politicians in equal ratio and proportion to Deaf population, same as other minorities.. here are my thoughts related to this matter and how we can change things :cool2:

I would rather have the thoughts of a Deaf person out actually working and trying in the real world to change things.

Don't need to send my hard earned money to some guy sitting in his parents basement trying to get people to send him money because he decided to try out the Deaf world and see if it could profit him.

I would rather have the thoughts of a Deaf person out actually working and trying in the real world to change things.

Don't need to send my hard earned money to some guy sitting in his parents basement trying to get people to send him money because he decided to try out the Deaf world and see if it could profit him.

I have other posts that relate to my real world efforts.
I dont live in my parents basement, not that there is anything wrong with that.
Also, Deaf are economically disadvantaged, I am not trying to profit off the oppressed, not that there is anything wrong with that.
Everybody is oppressed in one way or another, and everyone needs to make money.

I have other posts that relate to my real world efforts.
I dont live in my parents basement, not that there is anything wrong with that.
Also, Deaf are economically disadvantaged, I am not trying to profit off the oppressed, not that there is anything wrong with that.
Everybody is oppressed in one way or another, and everyone needs to make money.

Right.

But you certainly are not a spokesman for Deaf people, although I am sure some hearing people are taken in by you.

I call the politicians myself if I see they're not including deaf and hoh in the loop. Years ago we where expecting to get a huge storm and there a town meeting to tell people what if they have an emergency during the storm . This was on TV too and I notice the mayor Boston did not have an interpreter on the stage with him . I called the mayor's office and told the woman they have to have an interpreter b/c it was the meeting was for an emergency and the woman agreed with and there was one in stage with in half an hour. I rather made the phone calls myself , just b/c a politician is deaf it does not mean he'll look out for other deaf people.

...I couldn't even get through that post, and I can get through some extremely complex stuff rather quickly. It's not bad English or anything... it's just strangely organized and needlessly complex in just the right way for my brain to refuse to continue to understand it (and it being almost 4 am here doesn't help). I read enough to get the jist, but I agree with most of the others' opinions here on being individual agents of change in dealing with inequality.

I think you are thinking of being advocate to help the d/Deaf and HOH get the right to be in the Deaf world with being in the job market as Deaf teachers (we already have them in Deaf schools), Deaf or HOH police officers and maybe if possible as Deaf politicians. That would have to be separated from the hearing world in order to do that. I think we might have that in Manhattan or some place where Deaf communities have their own zone or area where everyone sign in ASL, even hearing people sign. With the hearing populations, it will not change as we are still in the minorities. It would be nice if we move to another planet for the Deaf if we are lucky to find a breathing and beautiful planet to live in. Then we will not have to worry about being in the minority class. Everyone (Deaf and HOH only) will sign in different sign languages in that one planet. That will be a dream. I think I get your point. :hmm:

I think you are thinking of being advocate to help the d/Deaf and HOH get the right to be in the Deaf world with being in the job market as Deaf teachers (we already have them in Deaf schools), Deaf or HOH police officers and maybe if possible as Deaf politicians. That would have to be separated from the hearing world in order to do that. I think we might have that in Manhattan or some place where Deaf communities have their own zone or area where everyone sign in ASL, even hearing people sign. With the hearing populations, it will not change as we are still in the minorities. It would be nice if we move to another planet for the Deaf if we are lucky to find a breathing and beautiful planet to live in. Then we will not have to worry about being in the minority class. Everyone (Deaf and HOH only) will sign in different sign languages in that one planet. That will be a dream. I think I get your point. :hmm:

I would not want to live on that planet b/c I would never see most of my family anymore. I am the only one born hoh , my older sister and her husband are losing some hearing so the could live there but my daughter's family are all hearing.

Preach on, Bottesini! I couldn't have put it any better myself.

Talk is cheap...

we need Deaf teachers, Deaf police, Deaf politicians in equal ratio and proportion to Deaf population, same as other minorities.. here are my thoughts related to this matter and how we can change things

As in you are arguing that we need some changes to happen in society and yet you are too damn lazy to do anything about it. Don't get me wrong, I love writing and am all for its use as an effective tool in community mobilization. Just saying that talk is cheap if you don't back it up with real action. Go out there and do something... something other than to try and live off others' donations.

To complete the "nightmare country" of the O P only his "variant of deaf" would be accepted.
Apparently there is "lots of room" on the moon.

Bon Voyage!

Back