Connecting 2 VCRs to receiver?

Sharky99

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone know if there is any way to connect 2 VCRs to a cable receiver so I can tape 2 different shows on 2 vcrs at the same time (or at different times as well) so I can do some taping and watching later.. btw, I do not have a PVR or recording receiver so... any advice would be great so I can get set up soon.. thanks!

if your receiver has two output, then use those. If not, then I would say it's not possible. Best thing is probably get a Tivo or something like that with 2 built in tuners.

I am not sure if this impacts, but it may not work since the U.S is undertaking tranisition to Digitial television from analog streaming and these VCRs tapes analogically so I am not sire really......

I really do not think it is possible because receiver would transmit only specific channel signal, no way two VCR can get two separate channel signal from single reciever.

It's easy ... just connect the source to the input of one VCR and the output of that VCR to the input of the other VCR and the output of that VCR to your receiver. This will allow you to tape two shows at the same time and watch a third show.

Back