Computers of the 20th & 21st Century

EH eh eh, apparently mine is second oldest so far, (maybe)..

My first computer and it was school owned.

apple_IIe_original_personal_computer.jpg

I actually wrote programs on it, using Integer Basic. Very easy to write program on it. I don't really missed it much, grin

Yeah. I now remember you at my school. Your favorite computer was Apple II series. Today there are now Apple emulators (MESS software) for Windows.

Sword7

Hello folks,

What a computer history! :) Of course my first computer was Apple II series that was school-owned. For home use, my first computer was TI-99/4A Home Computer. Its BASIC interpreter was pretty slow because it was interpreted twice. I wrote many BASIC programs on both TI and Apple computers.

Then Commodore 64, Commodore 128, Amiga 500, Amiga 1200HD before I went PC world.

During my college life (Gallaudet University), I had my accounts with VAX-11/780 and DECsystem10 mainframe systems. With many computer science courses, I wrote many programs on VAX systems and sometimes DECsystem10 running TOPS-10.

There are now emulators for VAX and DECsystem10.

Sword7

While the new ones have more everything the old ones were greatlooking cool gizmos. Kind of like 1950's Chevy trucks.

Yeah, I've heard of some Mac collectors as well..you're not the only one as well. Some people collect broken CRT iMacs and convert it into a fish aquarium, it's neat.

Oh yeah, sorry. He invented Windows OS - thats how he became stupid and rich No offense, Bill

No, He don't. Steve jobs,Steve Wozniak and other team who invented GUI then Bill stolen GUI from Steve and changed a little (Windows 1.0) then sell.

Back