Computers of the 20th & 21st Century

800px-MacIntosh_Plus_img_1317.jpg

I first got platium Mac Plus computer that s expensive cost over $2000. but I had bought used one from my sister. that s under $1,000.

MacLCIII.jpg

I had bought new Apple MAC LCIII computer/color monitor last early 1990's. The original Macintosh LC was released in 1990 and was the first affordable color-capable Macintosh.

Then finally got MAC PowerPC computer but never use it and left in my storage. :roll:

MacLCIII.jpg

I had bought new Apple MAC LCIII computer/color monitor last early 1990's. The original Macintosh LC was released in 1990 and was the first affordable color-capable Macintosh.

Then finally got MAC PowerPC computer but never use it and left in my storage. :roll:

That's similar Mac like in picture for our first computer in 1993 with 68k processor and floppy drive only, no CD.

It was 1 year before Apple started transition to PowerPC, it took 2 years to complete so low cost Mac don't switch to PowerPC until 1995-1996.

Oh yeah, sorry. He invented Windows OS - thats how he became stupid and rich No offense, Bill

no, he don't invented Windows OS, they custom from original idea of Xeox to Mac to Windows to their own.

Hmm, I first use Apple ][e, it was green and black on display with keyboard that has built-in drive for 3.5 floppy disk. Oy, it was tiny monitor but so cool, I was spend quite time on doing the paint program.

Until in early 90s after Apple become color on monitor and suddenly switch to Dell computer that running both Windows 3.0 and OS/2. I become yet more insane and over power on desktop tower. Yet, I got it burn. Oops. So, he brought new computer which is too expensive. Heh.

Now, I'm on laptop, easy to carry and entertainment/work anytime, anywhere.

Wow, 24 GB RAM is great for hundred of apps running at same time, even alot of videos.

Actually they're best suited for supercomputer calculations, very complex photoshop projects, heavy 3-D renderings....more RAM...the faster a heavy task application runs.

This was my first Macintosh computer...Mac IIci. We bought it used in 1993. It had a 16 MHz 68030 processor and had 5 MB of RAM and 80 MB hard drive, I am not exactly sure but I used virtual memory to get more memory.

maciici.jpg

He's not interested in crazy powerful computer.

I wouldn't upgrade to i7 Core until few years when USB 3.0, SATA 6 Gbit/s and recent updated PCI express are ready to be standard in motherboard.

Same to me I won't upgrade until i7 or newer cpu in future with usb 3.0 sata 6 etc. I am very satisfied with my currently computer. My motherboard's memory max is 12GB.

Last edited:
Same to me I won't upgrade i7 or newer cpu in future with usb 3.0 sata 6 etc. I am very satisfied with my currently computer. My motherboard's memory max is 12GB.

Yup, I believe that many motherboard with USB 3.0, SATA 6.0 and updated PCI Express (3.0) would be in around 2011, so DDR3 will become over 50% of RAM market as DDR2 goes down and down.

Sastified? We will never be sastified with them until around 2050. :lol:

Yup, I believe that many motherboard with USB 3.0, SATA 6.0 and updated PCI Express (3.0) would be in around 2011, so DDR3 will become over 50% of RAM market as DDR2 goes down and down.

.... and DDR4 memory would be released in 2012.

fascinating bit is that, quite a number (possibly majority) of Apple owners never throw their old machines outl they hoard it !!

now ask yourself this, do you ever see someone with old PC put away in storage? hardly at all... its just really interesting....

I save my old macs

While the new ones have more everything the old ones were greatlooking cool gizmos. Kind of like 1950's Chevy trucks.

mac clamshell laptop

Sure it is outdated but what a work of modern art. It is one of the few things of the last bunch of years I could see myself collecting.

Sure it is outdated but what a work of modern art. It is one of the few things of the last bunch of years I could see myself collecting.

It took all the willpower I had to stop accumalating old chevy trucks. I still mourn the decision I hope they are all in a better place now-- real tears.

I hate to say it, but some today linux program reminds me the computers in the 90's . I keep wishing they would modernize their graphics.

in the 90's, my first computer had a 144 mhz processor and windows 95, and it was considered fast. ALTHOUGH, I did use a computer with Windows 3.1. I had a Macintosh too. And Commodore <--- although I am not exactly sure if that's the name. it was something we were able to hook up on our black and white tv. It may be missing some parts.

I remember 14k dial up was fast :)

and yes, people still use dialup these days - 56k mostly. Out in the country, landline is all they have available and DSL is not. They don't have cables either. They only get satellite.

oh and we had speak and spell, if you want to consider that a computer, and it was extremely fun for all of us.

Back