Computers of the 20th & 21st Century

A lot of films were created using Mac, as well as Amiga. Nowadays, whatever a Mac can do, a PC can do, too.

I don't remember much of the technical stuff, but a lot of musicians used to use the Atari, because it was a "cheap" computer with built in midi and digital sound processing chip. A few musicians still use the Atari today.

The Commodore 64 also had awesome sound. In fact, the SID chip (sound chip), which was developed in the 70s was named "chip of the year" (or something similar) during the mid 90s. And, a few musicians still use the SID chip in their music.

Yes that is correct, the Atari ST series were popular for music stuff.

EH eh eh, apparently mine is second oldest so far, (maybe)..

My first computer and it was school owned.

apple_IIe_original_personal_computer.jpg

I actually wrote programs on it, using Integer Basic. Very easy to write program on it. I don't really missed it much, grin

EH eh eh, apparently mine is second oldest so far, (maybe)..

My first computer and it was school owned.

apple_IIe_original_personal_computer.jpg

I actually wrote programs on it, using Integer Basic. Very easy to write program on it. I don't really missed it much, grin

Same in my old elementary school, I had use Apple II when I was little kid, mostly on games and other classic Mac like all in one Performa with CD drive built-in, it was back in 90's but it was replaced into G3 iMac or newer in late 90's and 2000's.

Pacman - Secretblend is banned, and he wont be able to answer to your question, unfortunately.

I do remember those old floppy disks:

Attachments

• Picture 6.png
    Picture 6.png
    84.5 KB · Views: 5
Remember the disc caddy? I sure do. Oh boy, I'm old.

CADDY.GIF

Earlier CD-ROM drives used a caddy. The disc must be inserted into the caddy, and the caddy inserted into the drive. Today, CD-ROM drives are caddyless. The disc is placed into a tray.

CADDY.GIF

Earlier CD-ROM drives used a caddy. The disc must be inserted into the caddy, and the caddy inserted into the drive. Today, CD-ROM drives are caddyless. The disc is placed into a tray.
Actually, it depends on the manufacturer. A friend of mine at college had a new PC computer and it still used a caddy.

That is interesting, I have never seen a caddy one.

I only used caddyless in the past and right now using the feed drive.

Man! I remember that, didn't realize it was vanished. I think it is mistaken for them to vanish the caddy ones. Caddy was intended to protect the CD disc. Now most CD/DVD discs are without protections and see alot stratches on them.

CADDY.GIF

Man! I remember that, didn't realize it was vanished. I think it is mistaken for them to vanish the caddy ones. Caddy was intended to protect the CD disc. Now most CD/DVD discs are without protections and see alot stratches on them.

Blu-ray disc is scratch-proof, even not get scratch if you simply accident to drop or something like that.

Some optical drive are powerful to read dirty, scratch disc.

Blu-ray disc is scratch-proof, even not get scratch if you simply accident to drop or something like that.

Some optical drive are powerful to read dirty, scratch disc.

You learn something new everyday. Thanks Pacman for the Blu-ray info.

In 1977, I built my first personal computer kit. It was Poly 88 with tape. One year later, I bough 8 inches floppy disk drive.

poly88.jpg

To add to latest version of today's modern computers. As example of my PC :cool2:

NewPC20091.jpg

Haven't seen you on PS3 for awhile...where's ur PS3? lol
Haha, still have it, it is under my desk right now, but the photo was taken about a few months back... haven't gotten the chance to play a few games though on the other hand, I should get back on it whenever I get the chance

Back