Computer Virus to Happen on July 9. 2012!

Yeah, but a lot of hard working people can't afford those...... Hopefully they will not have to deal with this virus.

First, please refrain from politicize my post about hardworking people in further and this thread isn't place to discuss about hardworking people.

I was hardworking person and able to afford Mac with my hard earned money because of saving. The saving is very important if you want to buy something that you like. Some of my friends are hardworking and they have Mac.

For people with Windows, they can get Microsoft Security Essentials for free from MS website or they can use Linux without having deal with security problems.

I found your comment about hardworking people is very rude so take hardworking people out when reply to my post. I'm not person to get in fight with you.

First, please refrain from politicize my post about hardworking people in further and this thread isn't place to discuss about hardworking people.

I was hardworking person and able to afford Mac with my hard earned money because of saving. The saving is very important if you want to buy something that you like. Some of my friends are hardworking and they have Mac.

For people with Windows, they can get Microsoft Security Essentials for free from MS website or they can use Linux without having deal with security problems.

I found your comment about hardworking people is very rude so take hardworking people out when reply to my post. I'm not person to get in fight with you.

Wow...my comment was neither personal or political. Geez

Well, the malware is more common in Windows than Mac OS X. I don't say that Mac OS X is malware-free but more rare than Windows.

Having a common sense is key important to prevent the malware and when unauthorized software ask you for username/password so just deny the login. Apple released security updates to fix the security holes.

For me, I never had virus with Mac - I'm talking about my Mac.

Wow...my comment was neither personal or political. Geez

Your comment is indeed personal and political because you tried to attack me with hardworking people comment.

That's not smart move for you to do it and I'm not person to get in fight with you.

Your comment is indeed personal and political because you tried to attack me with hardworking people comment.

That's not smart move for you to do it and I'm not person to get in fight with you.

Sorry, you took it that way. It certainly wasn't personal.

Well, the malware is more common in Windows than Mac OS X. I don't say that Mac OS X is malware-free but more rare than Windows.

Having a common sense is key important to prevent the malware and when unauthorized software ask you for username/password so just deny the login. Apple released security updates to fix the security holes.

Okay, just wanted to make sure you're aware of it. :)

My computer is green also.

Green-Computing-theme.jpg

I remember when we were approaching 2000 and everyone thought everything in government would shut down - just because we were hitting the year 2000. Wouldn't it be funny if we got upset only to find everything still working in the morning....just like in 2000.....

I am on the mac too,, I checked on dns-ok site it's green on both Mac and Linux lappies... I never get any viruses on my mac.. Ptfffff on winblows lol.

My computer color is black!

Oh..wait..I forgot to power it up!

Anyway, It's really unbelievable about all the hype and we have read lot of report about DNS changer and we have no concern about our systems. Remember the Year 2000 with all the hype going on? ppphffftt....

It been pretty quiet so far but still early of the day (as of 11:50 AM). It could strike later at night or whatever.

If you read the article - FBI already aware of DNS Changer almost a year ago and even they arrested hackers that put out virus. Since then, they have reduced infected PCs to ten thousands. So, meaning that we all had slim chance getting DNS Changer virus. The DCWG Check UP - Inactive is just a precaution to make sure you're not really infected. That's all.

I am on the mac too,, I checked on dns-ok site it's green on both Mac and Linux lappies... I never get any viruses on my mac.. Ptfffff on winblows lol.

I would LOVE to debate that, but that would be hijacking this thread. ;)

I remember when we were approaching 2000 and everyone thought everything in government would shut down - just because we were hitting the year 2000. Wouldn't it be funny if we got upset only to find everything still working in the morning....just like in 2000.....

no no. it's not the government. it's the computers. people thought computers would go amok like banks, utility companies, etc. - the Y2K.

the truth was most of critical zones were fixed and patched up beforehand. some parts were affected but it was quickly fixed afterward.

Back