Compilot, iCom, etc. question

RoseRodent

Reaction score
I know that the Phonak streamers are designed to be worn around your neck, but do you get any signal at all if you don't? Like you can stand outside a loop wire and still hear something. I am thinking that now they are going into waterproof products this could be an area they fail to compete with Siemens becase the Siemens MiniTek can be put in a waterproof bag like an Overboard or Drybag and worn near water. The Compilot couldn't be used in that way, so no phone calls or music or FM reception near water still. If you bundled it in a bag and put that near your head would you hear anything?

unfortunately the neck loop is what connects you to the compilot. i can only assume that if they are coming out with more waterproof hearing aids they will be making something similar to the mini tek available but for now it has to be worn around your neck for it to work

Just checked my iCom. Yes, it does work if not around the neck. I curled the loop up once to make it fit in about the size of a sandwich ziplock baggie. The catch is that the sound does degrade somewhat and that the thing still needs to be within a foot or so from your HAs. I've no idea if this will still work underwater.

Oh that MiniTek looks sweet. Too bad my audi is a phonak only shop.

My ComPilot won't work unless round my neck :)

Just tryIng mine. It works off the neck as long as the wire is still near the HAs.
Hmm I have it on top of my head right now. Maybe I can wear it under a hat?

Frankly, I feel better having it around my neck so I'm less likely to lose it.

Back