Commercials?

lsfoster

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed there are a few commercials out right now with some type of signing going on in them? The other day I saw a Target one where a little girl was signing, and another jewelry one (don't remember the store, though...). I thought it was really cool to see commercials that might help spread awareness or interest in signing. :hmm:

Anyone else seen any? Or have any thoughts?

Has anyone noticed there are a few commercials out right now with some type of signing going on in them? The other day I saw a Target one where a little girl was signing, and another jewelry one (don't remember the store, though...). I thought it was really cool to see commercials that might help spread awareness or interest in signing. :hmm:

Anyone else seen any? Or have any thoughts?

I believe the jewelry one is for Zales.

I saw both of those commercials. I guess they're trying to appeal to the deaf audience. :dunno:

yes i ve seen more and more of people signing in those commerical lately. that's cool.

I only saw the one at Zales. I think it is cool but at the end, the girl says "Read my lips." That's a tricky one cuz it could give the hearing audience the impression that it is easy for any deaf person to read lips.

I only saw the one at Zales. I think it is cool but at the end, the girl says "Read my lips." That's a tricky one cuz it could give the hearing audience the impression that it is easy for any deaf person to read lips.

i didn't know that. to me, it sounded like the girl said "thank you," but i don't know for sure...

that commercial could also give hearing people the idea that all deaf people can speak.

I know I posted somewhere else that Apple featured ASL on one of their iPod commercials and Marlee Matlin on another, talking about the power of communication. You can YouTube search "iPod commercial sign language" and "Apple commercial Marlee Matlin" to find them. (I linked them in the other post but I don't know if the links worked.)

Back