Comcast High Speed Internet

farewell65

LOL at Homer Simpson
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone use it? Last Thursday I connected all wires and modem box, all lights are on but PC/Activity's light is orange so that means we dont have any access?? Should be green light on PC/Activity?

Anyone use it? Last Thursday I connected all wires and modem box, all lights are on but PC/Activity's light is orange so that means we dont have any access?? Should be green light on PC/Activity?

I am comcast user. You need to have Comcast agent to visit your home in order to activate your modem. Unless you can call customer service via hearing friend or whatever you can get help from.

That only way to do it... agent show up or you call them.

I am...

Comcast come my home.. there Modem with four green lights and one orange flashing?

i am comcast user i think you need to have tech to visit your home to check things out

Someone told you, that you need cable-techman come to your place. i tell you unnecessary to require it. You can do it yourself without cableman. ;)

all four green lights, and one orange light-which meaning your cable modem & internet access! thats normal..as see below of my sample pix:
img7406x480mq4.jpg

I believe that your cable modem and internet connections are FINE! isnot that good news?? If you felt doubt about it, then check your status: http://192.168.100.1./ -->access (for Motorola *cable* modem users only).. hope this help!

have enjoy your cable and internet.. ;)

Last edited:
I am not a comcast user but it is a normal lights you got there. I do own the modem and the light is the same way as your is. So it is normal.

In order to determine whether your ISP has assigned to your modem an IP address, the light "ONLINE" must be on. If you got green light on the "ONLINE" that means you have Internet.

The color orange on PC/Activity.

Two possible reasons, first is speed, it could be connected to 10MBPS networking, if it is green then it is 100MBPS, yet it won't matter because most ISP offers no more than 10MBPS anyway.

Second possible is STANDBY, if you notice there is a button on top of the modem which it says "STANDBY" try press it to see if orange turns to green.

This is two possibilities that I could think of.

DHB

I'm Comcast user, and I just got Motorola modem just the same one as XGMBER posted. I have the same 4 green lights and orange and I'm online and no problems with it. Check the site that XGMBER provided to see the status :)

I have toshiba cable modem PCX2500,

Cable: Green steady
PC: Green steady
Data: Green flashing (communicating)
Test: off
Power: Green steady

My old white motorola cable modem worns out and dead connection, the cable tech gave me FREE toshiba cable modem, it's work prefectly.

If you plan to move to new home. call cable to change home address and let the cable authorizing cable box and cable modem (MAC address) (Keep same ISP providers as Earthlink thru Comcast) in same cable company.

Back