Comcast DCH3416 - CC problem

Sword7

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I recently got my new Samsung HDTV to replace my 13-years old analog TV. I reconncted cable box (model DCH3416) to my new TV with HDMI cable. I know that HDMI does not support closed caption signals so that I had to turn CC on on DCH3416.

I found out that CC only works on HD channels but not SD channels. It will not display CC on SD channels but will display CC on HD channels. Does anyone know a way to force CC to be displayed on SD channels?

Also, I researched about TiVo cable boxes. I have a question for you. Does it support CC decoder for both SD and HD channels? I compared with DCH3416 and found TiVo specs that are much better.

Thanks,
Sword7

I am not sure why you not getting CC on SD. Looks like its a deal breaker. Have you tried the component connector to see if the cc comes in on SD?
I cannot comment on the newer TIVO series called roamio - I am absolutely drooling over the features, but I have no idea if roamio CC works for away. However if you are asking about the older series, I have tivo 2 (now old) and love it- except for tivo to go as the CC doesnt work at all . no decoder built in software. bites big time.

Honestly, I had tested CC on my dad's HDTV from his cable box and saw that CC was on some channels not at all. I believe that his cable box DOES NOT have CC decoder built in. Other method, I put coaxial cable in dad's HDTV directly without cable box and tested CC on all channels. Not surprise about it.

You can upgrade from old to new version of the cable box since they are programming new software update on all newest cable box as well.

Back