Comcast considers cap on Net usage

With my XP it's about half slower download than the above speed.

Ok, I had test on both of them on mine, they are similar to me.

I usually check speed via download program on Safari too.

It's old news, I heard that few months ago. Comcast did restrict anyone downloading from P2P. FCC fined Comcast for doing so. My suggestion are that If ANY ISP including Comcast decide to cap it with overage fees on deafie, COMPLAIN TO FCC. They'll take care of problem. They'll fine ISP for it or work out with ISP to allow all deafie to have "special" use. I doubt that cable co would ever succeed with overage fees. This will hurt customers and they'll switch over to different ISP that don't. OR switch back to Dial Ups lol!! Or ISP have to come up with new idea to expand networks to improve network speed in the future. Maybe Fiber Optics for everyone! Music and video files download in few min so no one would need to sit and wait for downloading big files for half day or more. Then there will be NO overage fee period.. LOL

Catty

Ok, I had test on both of them on mine, they are similar to me.

I usually check speed via download program on Safari too.

Ah ok, I tested on Safari too. I guess it'd be big difference for some, no difference for some. :)

I havent heard about EVDO overusage by Verizon.. I know they are "terminating" customer EVDO account if they go over 5GB per month few times..

ALLTEL doesnt have that limit (so far...)

Not Anymore, Verizon already refund to consumer who terminated.

Only for consumers who sign up after March 2, 2008. Speed will be limited up to 200k if using over 5GB.

Y'all are barking the wrong tree! If Comcast limits your ability to use VP due to usage limit and over-usage fee then it is "discrimination". I would suggest that you all contact FCC and file a comment. FCC will force Comcast and any other cable provider not to penalize VP users. Talk is easy as we deaf are famous for complaining to each other but no action. Go to Disability Rights Office Homepage

Here's a true scenario:

High-speed Internet only: $67
High-speed Internet & Digital Phone: $49.95
High-speed Internet, Digital Phone, & Cable: $99.95

I prefer Cable high-speed . . . even it is $1 cheaper than DSL . . . or maybe I should reconsider.

(I can't wait until AT&T starts offering cable then watch Comcast start thinking differently.)

Y'all are barking the wrong tree! If Comcast limits your ability to use VP due to usage limit and over-usage fee then it is "discrimination". I would suggest that you all contact FCC and file a comment. FCC will force Comcast and any other cable provider not to penalize VP users. Talk is easy as we deaf are famous for complaining to each other but no action. Go to Disability Rights Office Homepage

Did you read my posting what I said same thing about FCC :rofl: Glad you added Disabilty rights Office hompage.

Catty

Here's a true scenario:

High-speed Internet only: $67
High-speed Internet & Digital Phone: $49.95
High-speed Internet, Digital Phone, & Cable: $99.95

I prefer Cable high-speed . . . even it is $1 cheaper than DSL . . . or maybe I should reconsider.

(I can't wait until AT&T starts offering cable then watch Comcast start thinking differently.)

It' not cable for att but att offers U-verse, that means you watch tv via fiber optic.

Verizon DSL $30 - almost same speed as Comcast's internet.
Comcast $60 for internet only plus add rental modem $3 + tax - without Cable TV.
We got flyer from Comcast. They offer $99 for internet, cable TV and Phone.
Compare to our Verizon Fios $89 - internet, TV and phone (add $$ for HD box and HD DVR).
FIOS gave me 7 to 10 times faster than Comcast's internet.

Back