Colour of hearing aids

they do they do...the exelias are "pure translucent"

What brand is that? I have never seen this. Sounds fun to me.

Oticon... I hate them. The color is pretty bomb, though.

I've heard good things about Phonaks... I may give them a try. And the pure translucent is definitely a plus :D

I think my Oticon's rock. Enough power, and I have clear/translucent HA's too. If I had means to change I'd like some translucent blue to match my eyes.

I think my Oticon's rock. Enough power, and I have clear/translucent HA's too. If I had means to change I'd like some translucent blue to match my eyes.

i've always worn oticon hearing aids since 1985 and have had excellent luck with them (the exception being my oticon digifocus 2 super power bte's). i think it would be cool if oticon and other manufacturers made neon colored hearing aids that were of solid coloring or translucent. i don't know what neon looks like, but am told that it is extremely bright.

Mayberries: what don't you like about your Oticons, and have you spoken to your audiologist about this? (And white and orange, wow, that's something I have never seen!)

Mayberries: what don't you like about your Oticons, and have you spoken to your audiologist about this? (And white and orange, wow, that's something I have never seen!)

I guess I'm just too picky. Several things sound so tinny and hollow and it feels like they compromised the performance and instead chose to make it as aesthetically-pleasing as possible. Overall, I shouldn't be complaining, because they've been a blessing. I would recommend them, especially because, like I said, the color is bomb. :D

(And no, I haven't spoken to my audi... I'm about to switch.)

Those are what my exelias are gonna look like more or less but without the stripe!

Yes, the stripes were fun when I first got them, although I requested swirls. I'm not tired of them yet, but will definitely change colors (and maybe swirl) next time.

Yes, the stripes were fun when I first got them, although I requested swirls. I'm not tired of them yet, but will definitely change colors (and maybe swirl) next time.

I think she meant the white stripe on the aid. Mine have that too, except mine is purple hehe. There is a plastic piece inside which causes that.

I think she meant the white stripe on the aid. Mine have that too, except mine is purple hehe. There is a plastic piece inside which causes that.

Oops...thanks for the clarification. :Oops:

Old thread that went dead.

I have DigiFocus digital hearing aids.. Translucent,along with black and gold ear mold for the Steelers.

I am working on trying to get a CI to see if I am eligible for it. If not I may try and see about the Naidas, they are pretty sick in color. I saw the deep dark red one, pretty sweet.

Adam's now are blue- w/blue and gray marbled molds (with a little white thrown in) When it's time to get him new ones, I think we'll either go w/metallic-sort of red or I like the silver ones~~ who knows by then maybe he can pick the color... as long as he doesn't pick PINK! LOL

Mine are beige. I'm ashame of it so I try not to show it off.

:hug: Aww Lighthouse-- :( I know people who feel that way...

I figured if Adam was going to have to wear it- I wanted to make it FUN for him... some of his friends have the beige/or brown ones depending on their skin tone but I wanted him to grow up thinking it was 'cool' so he'd wear it! LOL :cool2:

Back