Colorism: An ignored aspect of racism.

yes that's what i was saying, the social behavourial change can confuse, and even conceal the motive which is really whitened or whites -style in terms of reaping success while the styles depicted in media reflects the stereotypes, or at least altering it abit to align to the political-correct slant, which in a way, puesuade audience-then-social agents in society to adapt to change, that even covering to delude themselves black are still black but really its just some blacks, not all, going further to say, only a handful of black people can enjoy success like that, but its portrayed as 'everyone has the same chance' clearly we know its a lie...perfect-like black people just wins the game to cheat our lie-detector...and black's version of success always lands into the stereotype which tends to have some 'gangsta' or criminals elements to it and nothing else. Ever wondered why?

A black man's version of success is not a gangster. That is the white man's version of a black man's success.

no, no, there is a such thing...

NO. Racism is racism. Black people can be racist. Chinese people can be racist. Whites can be racist. Whatever. Black people can even be racist towards other black people (e.g., lighter colored blacks versus darker ones or 'colorism').

Stuff like 'reverse racism' makes it sound like you think racism against whites is extra-horrible and deserves special recognition OR that racism can only be perpetuated by whites. Pfft.

A black man's version of success is not a gangster. That is the white man's version of a black man's success.

i know. This is a racist stereotype that we seen alot, or even if not roles, its the 'exotic' aspect of seeing a black man in that role, even producers knows and do this deliberately, they get better at it all the time, thus the detection of the public (unedcated) audience slips behind while the world is changing, of they change too but the keeping up with hypercritical of ideologies are never in the same position of the 'consciousness race' if you will, pace is the 'same' but it's always in 'second place' where producers exactly intends the audience to surmise such a 'conclusion' that is 'enjoyable film' but ideologically its 'maintained'.

Last edited:
NO. Racism is racism. Black people can be racist. Chinese people can be racist. Whites can be racist. Whatever. Black people can even be racist towards other black people (e.g., lighter colored blacks versus darker ones or 'colorism').

Stuff like 'reverse racism' makes it sound like you think racism against whites is extra-horrible and deserves special recognition OR that racism can only be perpetuated by whites. Pfft.

ok, i should know this, but no i wasnt aware of this way, i meant i have always thought, 'reverse racism' is racism like you said but in a way that 'race' to wealth, power is always the same, the goal of seizing power that was once in 'white's possession and once 'obtained' the ways of how its retributed is like to punish all this 'belonged' to the former group (whites), put is another way, to punish ALL whites where it would be that only a handful of whites were power corrupted and the rest were sheeps...

ok i get it, theres no such thing as reverse racism, i see it now and thanks for pointing it out

yes that's what i was saying, the social behavourial change can confuse, and even conceal the motive which is really whitened or whites -style in terms of reaping success while the styles depicted in media reflects the stereotypes, or at least altering it abit to align to the political-correct slant, which in a way, puesuade audience-then-social agents in society to adapt to change, that even covering to delude themselves black are still black but really its just some blacks, not all, going further to say, only a handful of black people can enjoy success like that, but its portrayed as 'everyone has the same chance' clearly we know its a lie...perfect-like black people just wins the game to cheat our lie-detector...and black's version of success always lands into the stereotype which tends to have some 'gangsta' or criminals elements to it and nothing else. Ever wondered why?

I was pretty cetain I had interpreted you correctly.

I was just pulling your leg. :lol:
By the way, I think Malcolm X once said that black people are incapable of being racist. Yeah, riiiight. :roll:

Then I disagree with Malcolm X. On more than just that point.:lol:

How does the above discussion relate to "deaf culture"? Are the above categories-various " racial labels"- incorporated into "deaf selfhood"? I am aware it is part of sociology-culture. Still waiting re "deaf skinheads" welcome into "deaf community"?

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

How does the above discussion relate to "deaf culture"? Are the above categories-various " racial labels"- incorporated into "deaf selfhood"? I am aware it is part of sociology-culture. Still waiting re "deaf skinheads" welcome into "deaf community"?

Who said it had anything to do with Deaf Culture? This thread isn't even in the Culture forum. But anyone with the ability to think in a fluid manner could certainly see how it could apply.

This forum's name

Believe it or not, deaf people actually discuss all kinds of things unrelated to DeafCulture. They are just like real people. Most don't recite the day they believe they became deaf or the day they are implanted in every other post, either. They have actual lives, and are involved in many things. Hence, this forum: General Chat.

i change my mind about discarding reverse racism, there IS a such thing...talk about it later not here not now for sake of peace
i realised oracle is just walking all over like a know it all

"Reverse racism" is an oxymoron. It would just mean 'reversing the racism that's already been caused'.

"Reverse racism" is an oxymoron. It would just mean 'reversing the racism that's already been caused'.

neccessarily, the 'cause' of the reversal is different, and also it is patterned out not as a direct reversal as the notion might suggest, it is a double-cross of sort but indeed, in reductionist's term if you will, it is the way it attacks individual on the basis of another race, in this case, white. or lighter skinned people. Reversal can occur in a way that it is a 'priviledge' to received while those in SAME economic or dire situation do not receive because they are white., in the 'system' which are so-called a white's system, but it favours the others other than themselves. quite bizzare if you ask anyone. ...and i have seen this numerous time, first hand, and second hand experiences from other people recounting what they witness in the local welfare offices in town.

and, i know that word oxymoron, im not a smart idiot thank you very much.

Back