Colored Hearing aids and EARMOLDS? AGE

yeah and I bet Kronic's Exelia arts are cute and classy!

I know this is an old thread but didn't want to make up a new one.

Anyone got new colors hearing aids and then 2 years later, wish you had another color hearing aid?

I'm getting really fed up with my color and wish I had a brown, taupe color hearing aid. I'm thinking about having them re cased next week. :)

I have forgotten the brand names, etc. but aren't there covers and skins that are much less in cost that re-caseing. If so, that would let you change often on a whim.

Personally I don't care much for the colored aids and molds, but that might be because I didn't grow up with that option and they didn't become popular as fashion accessories until I was in my late 20's. I'm mid-30's now and I doubt I'd get anything colored. My preference is to hide them as much as possible and don't let anyone know that I'm HOH unless they really need to know. It may also be because I've always been around hearing people and never been around a community of others with hearing difficulties.

I do think that it's great that the younger generations have that option and that perhaps it'll help acceptance in public and with other kids so wearing them isn't as much of an issue as it was when I was growing up as a kid.

I have forgotten the brand names, etc. but aren't there covers and skins that are much less in cost that re-caseing. If so, that would let you change often on a whim.

I was wondering about this. You might even be able to take some of the skins made for cell phones and cut them to size and fit them on the aids (provided it doesn't cover any holes, switches, etc.)

Matt, I wear black/blue power aids (big) and blue glitter ear molds. People do NOT notice I'm wearing HAs. My daughter wears small purple aids w/domes and some people she's been around for the last couple of months did not know she wore HAs. So, don't let "hiding the HAs" be an excuse. :)

I don't mind in the least letting people see my HAs. I didn't get to buy my last HA (VRS did) so I've got the boring beige one, but next time around I'd be interested in something funky! :) I find that when people know I am deaf, they go the extra mile to smooth communication. So much better than struggling with "what what what".

These are Skin It's!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 14
I would love to get color hearing aids.. tired of the same ole beige.

Here are some 'covers' (both do come in colors and/or patterns)

Ear Gear | Hearing Aid Protection from dirt, moisture and loss for children, active adults and seniors!

and

Super Seals

If you google Super Seals hearing aids- there's a few other places that sell them.

Super Seals are being disconnituned apparently so will be harder and harder to find. I've used super seals for years and years altho not since I got my Naidas.

Ear Gear is good, I ise Ear Gear most days.

I'm 39 and really wish colors would have been available to me. I didn't even know they existed until after I got my hearing aids in February. I'm so bummed. I would have totally gotten pink or blue ones.

Coloured Hearing aids and moulds YEAAHH!! I love making my hearing aids colourful and showing the fact that I take pride in being HoH :)
I guess when I was younger I didn't really want colourful anything... I mean I decorated my HAs with stickers but that was to figure out which was L/R haha!
10584071_10203375664487034_3038630121095964188_n.jpg

These are my current design. I need to get new HAs and they're deafinately going to be colourful. Purple and Light blue haha and I'm 20... no problem.

for me, I'm going with black for the new hearing aids (it'll pop out with my hair that's turning GREY!)

If I get my Broken CI replaced it will be colorful. Also I'm going to get earmold (Orange and black probably) to keep it in place. Knocking it off so many times probably has something to do with why it's broken...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AllDeaf App mobile app

ImageUploadedByAllDeaf1409556955.502473.jpg 21 years old and representing some color! Supposed to be purple and red and yellow swirled but it didn't turn out that way. They're comfortable though :)

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

More than 2 colors never seen to work out very well.

More than 2 colors never seen to work out very well.

Seems like it :( I've never done swirl before and I wanted to try. At least they're comfortable and fit my Wonder Woman theme pretty well. This is my first time doing soft molds too, and I LOVE it.

I am 67 yo and have purple HA and ear molds , no is does not sound childish to me . I got reading eyeglasses that are purple to match my HA . I like the animal prints also too . Some people will think you're wearing some kind of cool phone .

Back