Colored Hearing aids and EARMOLDS? AGE

Recover5302

Reaction score
:hmm:

I will be getting new hearing aids from PHONAK they will be phonak IX UP
I was wondering what do you all think about ADULTS in their 20's getting colored aids and earmolds? Is that childish?
I've seen zebra print,transparent one, Clear blue and purple..and also light blue and pink so many to choose from. I just wanted to know will that look bad on an adult. What about the earmolds? I know it's personal preference but Idk...:wave:

Why not if it makes you happy?

Lol...That's right! I guess I was thinking about the response I'd get from people. I love all the nice colors and everything very cool. I did want to make sure I chose something that I'd want for 2 years. Bc I don't have 5000 to spit out lol..Thanks

I have the zebra ones with black and white earmolds:)

They are nice! WOW. Do you have a pic of how you look wearing them? I was thinking about getting those...but I realized the zebra stripes may wipe off,the white may get dirty, or the earmolds may as well. Nice style though.
Also What about matching my clothes lol...I guess it wouldnt matter.

I think there is nothing wrong getting colored HA's or earmolds as an adult. Even though he is a child, my son's first HA's were blue and his latest are silver. We opted to go with color because we are proud of him, and didn't want to try and hide it like some people said. I say go with whatever makes you happy. Ultimately, you are the only one you need to please...

Last edited:
I'm 25 with a RED hearing aid! Wooooo! I'd get colored molds too, but my ears are sensitive so I have to get allergenic molds. I'll probably be getting colored hearing aids for the rest of my life. Why get boring beige?! Pft. :) Have fun with your hearing aids!

I'm 25 with a RED hearing aid! Wooooo! I'd get colored molds too, but my ears are sensitive so I have to get allergenic molds. I'll probably be getting colored hearing aids for the rest of my life. Why get boring beige?! Pft. :) Have fun with your hearing aids!

Yes wow thats seems awesome! since I will be Deaf forever why not have fun!!! I was just trying to see especially if they will match my clothes lol Im such a shy Young Adult Woman. I'm in college so I was like I hope they didn't think that I was being childish! :)
THanks

I'm 16 and with a purple hearing aid!!!
I'm also getting new glasses on the 22nd and it's purple also too

colored earmolds are not for me since I'm very allergic to the full colored ones so I go with the clear earmold with sparkles in it

plus there's colored hearing aids to match your mood, your personality and your outfits too! :)

BTW, I'm wearing purple Safaris 600s right now and they are fantastic!

mine Naida UPs are red and black and my earmolds are red and orange and my tubes are red!!! im 23!
*EQL*

I'm 31, and have the purple aids, and green and purple earmold and purple sparkley earmolds. Why hide it? Why be an old lady and wear skin colored HAs?

I'm 30 something and I wear bugs bunny ties at work. Do what makes you happy! Go for the color!

Lol, I am 21 years old, and I have this very old hearing aid (at least 18 years old) with a purple ear mold that I picked when I was like... 12 years old. I recently started using it again and still have yet to get new hearing aids. If I get new aids later on I'll pick a different color for the ear mold, although I doubt I'd actually get colored hearing aids. I tend to go with colors or patterns that can be coordinated with almost every outfit.

I am 64 years old and I want some HA in a cool color , not the ugly beige and gray I have now! I could care less what people think! As long as I like it that is what count! People might see my HA better and not think I am being rude when I do not move for them! I did not know when I edited my comment it would knock out a person liking it.

Last edited:
Mid 50's - wearing Naidas IX UPs - Blue Moon (I think thats the name) - blue & black. My first BTEs were Blue. Have had blue & white swirl ear molds but now have clear ones. May get colors again sometime. I also decorate the tubing with beads or wear "hearing aid charms" hanging from the tubing.

My Naida is translucent blue, and I should have bright pink mold in a few days. I like to wear practically neon molds and have had green, purple, orange, blue, in the past few years.

And obviously, I am no spring chicken. :)

Late 20's

Silver HAs with purple earmolds.

Never had hearing people commented on it. :)

So go for it and who gives a flying figs what people thinks.

My opinion is this. We buy glasses and want them to look nice and reflect our personality. Why not hearing aids. IF people don't like it their not wearing them!

My hearing aid is pink and so is my ear mold. Also, you can usually have your hearing aid recased by Phonak for cost you send it in and they will put a new case on.

Lol, I am 21 years old, and I have this very old hearing aid (at least 18 years old) with a purple ear mold that I picked when I was like... 12 years old. I recently started using it again and still have yet to get new hearing aids. If I get new aids later on I'll pick a different color for the ear mold, although I doubt I'd actually get colored hearing aids. I tend to go with colors or patterns that can be coordinated with almost every outfit.

68 and I have not changed aids since finding out they are available in colors. But the part I have bolded in the quote is the reason that I probably will not. I do like to color coordinate clothing and feel I could easily wind up with aid not going with what I am wearing.

Back