collection

CatoCooper13

New Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2003
Messages
6,441
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Tousi
Waterrats....there is such a CD put out by NG---all ya hafta do is buy it. :D

Coolies...I guess I will visit National Geographic site and see how much it costs and for shipping it over to Australia. :P I realise it may be in US dollars...so it will be a tad bit exxy for moi at the moment.

But thanks for letting me know! ;)
 

Fly Free

New Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2003
Messages
9,087
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by WaterRats13
Oooooer...I used to be a big fan of VC Andrews -- but have since lost interest in her books now cos after finishing the Flowers in the Attic and 'Heaven' series -- I realised that the storylines were basically the same, only different people -- always had a horrid grandmother in the background, dominating the family, etc. Plus, stories of incest amongst siblings.

I am still a strong and constant reader of Stephen King and will never give up on him. ;) He writes awesome books! Same goes for John Saul (haven't seen any new books from him lately...), Robin Cook, Dean R Koontz. :)

u are right Waterrats -- VC Andrews' books are always of the same genre and storylines -- got boring after a while

Stephen King is retiring soon i think within the next 2 years if im accurate (ANY of u SK fans know the accuracy -- feel free to post!) John Saul it looks like tend to publish a new book every 2 or so years -- Koontz and Cook publishes once a year i think along with SK :D
 

Ziusudra

New Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
771
Reaction score
0
Hehehe, I collect movie tickets. Everytime a movie finishes, I put the ticket in my wallet and put it in a photo album I have at home. It's for when I get old, I'll want to look back on the movies I saw and be proud I saw so many haha!!!

I used to collect bus tickets but lately I've been throwing them away after they expire so that didn't work. Not sure what my next craze is going to be!

Ziusudra
 

CatoCooper13

New Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2003
Messages
6,441
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Fly Free
u are right Waterrats -- VC Andrews' books are always of the same genre and storylines -- got boring after a while

Stephen King is retiring soon i think within the next 2 years if im accurate (ANY of u SK fans know the accuracy -- feel free to post!) John Saul it looks like tend to publish a new book every 2 or so years -- Koontz and Cook publishes once a year i think along with SK :D

That reminds me...have you read 2 books that were written by both Stephen King and Peter Straub..'The Talisman' and 'Black House'?
I believe you'll like those books. 'The Talisman' was written some years back...and recently, this year I believe, 'The Black House' came out...and I had to get it! :) Both terrific read!
 
B

BostonIceFire

Guest
Originally posted by Fly Free
u are right Waterrats -- VC Andrews' books are always of the same genre and storylines -- got boring after a while

Stephen King is retiring soon i think within the next 2 years if im accurate (ANY of u SK fans know the accuracy -- feel free to post!) John Saul it looks like tend to publish a new book every 2 or so years -- Koontz and Cook publishes once a year i think along with SK :D

WHy wouold SK be retiring? He writes damn good books. WHy stop there?
 

Lasza

Premium Lurker
Premium Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2003
Messages
2,509
Reaction score
1
Used collection Archie Comics during my childhood. Not anymore. Stopped since 1993.

Start collect Darts flight. Like to enjoy see colorful flying.
 

nozobo

Active Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2003
Messages
3,939
Reaction score
1
I used to collect Garfield books, then onto collect cars but sold all of them but I only kept one big toy car that my brother bought from Japan for me...

I luve to collect dolphin thingies... statues, poster, anything u think of... bring it on!
 

CatoCooper13

New Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2003
Messages
6,441
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Lasza
Used collection Archie Comics during my childhood. Not anymore. Stopped since 1993.

Start collect Darts flight. Like to enjoy see colorful flying.

Awwww...I collected Archie comics when I was young..then even more between the ages of 18 til 25 cos I loved reading them whilst stoned on pot, heheh! It always made my imagination run wild and imagine more in depth of what actually was happening in the Archie series, heheh! Tsk tsk on myself, hehe I know. :P
 

Lasza

Premium Lurker
Premium Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2003
Messages
2,509
Reaction score
1
I see several ADers are collect beanie babies. Noticed that some people so nuts to collect alot as tons! What's so special about beanie babies? Just curious :)
 
Last edited:

Lasza

Premium Lurker
Premium Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2003
Messages
2,509
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by WaterRats13
Awwww...I collected Archie comics when I was young..then even more between the ages of 18 til 25 cos I loved reading them whilst stoned on pot, heheh! It always made my imagination run wild and imagine more in depth of what actually was happening in the Archie series, heheh! Tsk tsk on myself, hehe I know. :P

Kewl! What happened to ur collection Archie Comics???

Mine, I still have about near 400. Leave it at my grandma's home in Texas. All are covered with plastic! Not let humidity and dusty come in! Still consider sell these but not know when? My grandma bribed me not sell these. Better wait till I really know the value become pretty high. *shrugs* Have to find out about how value for these 400. Most of them are good condition.
 

Fly Free

New Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2003
Messages
9,087
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by WaterRats13
That reminds me...have you read 2 books that were written by both Stephen King and Peter Straub..'The Talisman' and 'Black House'?
I believe you'll like those books. 'The Talisman' was written some years back...and recently, this year I believe, 'The Black House' came out...and I had to get it! :) Both terrific read!

Yes i have book "The Talisman" and i didnt think it was that great a book -- i think SK does better when he writes solo -- same applies with his Gunslinger series :barf: that was NOT typical of his work :o ive not yet read "The Black House" yet uhmm i should check that out as well and see if its any better when working with Straub
 

Fly Free

New Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2003
Messages
9,087
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by BostonIceFire
WHy wouold SK be retiring? He writes damn good books. WHy stop there?

i agree BIF *sigh* but if i remmy correctly SK wanted to broaden his horizons and explore other avenues that didnt involve any writing --- ive lost track of his books lately sheesh -- been too incrediably busy to keep track but ahhhhh at least i got most of his popular novels in hardcover/collection editions :thumb:

i also know that SK is interested in making movies out of his novels so that might also be a possibility to why hes retiring and venturing into the movies possibly directing or something :dunno:

if any SK fans know abt the true reason of SK's retiring from writing -- please do post! cuz i at this point am unable to remmy exactly why in itself on why hes retiring!
 

Soonersseth

New Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2003
Messages
1,395
Reaction score
0
I used to colect baseball cards but it was getting to be expensive still have them tho.
 

CatoCooper13

New Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2003
Messages
6,441
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Lasza
I see several ADers are collect beanie babies. Noticed that some people so nuts to collect alot as tons! What's so special about beanie babies? Just curious :)

For me...it was cos of the grand cuteness of the bears...that was the only reason I bought beanie babies (bears only) ;) I collect basically any stuffed teddy bears..regarding their size, softness, cuteness and colour. I have a few purple ones, heh! ;)
 

CatoCooper13

New Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2003
Messages
6,441
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Lasza
Kewl! What happened to ur collection Archie Comics???

Mine, I still have about near 400. Leave it at my grandma's home in Texas. All are covered with plastic! Not let humidity and dusty come in! Still consider sell these but not know when? My grandma bribed me not sell these. Better wait till I really know the value become pretty high. *shrugs* Have to find out about how value for these 400. Most of them are good condition.

Lucky you -- I lost most of my collections of Archies through several moves to different places and gave away some. (stupid me)
I have a handful here with me and I only read it if I happen to come across pot and get stoned. :P
 

CatoCooper13

New Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2003
Messages
6,441
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Fly Free
Yes i have book "The Talisman" and i didnt think it was that great a book -- i think SK does better when he writes solo -- same applies with his Gunslinger series :barf: that was NOT typical of his work :o ive not yet read "The Black House" yet uhmm i should check that out as well and see if its any better when working with Straub

I was pretty young when I first read 'The Talisman' and I want to read it again to remember exactly how Jack Sawyer got through the Territories, etc. In the 'Black House' -- the story is about Jack Sawyer in his 40's, I would reckon and is a cop. (coppice) ;)

Agreed totally about 'The Gunslinger' series -- that was the worse series SK ever done, and I didn't read that series at all after trying the first one.

Recent books from SK was 'From a Buick 8' (That was GOOD!). I re read 'IT' 2 months ago as it's one of my favourites of SK's. I have a few movies that SK's books were screenplayed...such as 'Carrie', 'IT', 'Green Mile' (That was a great and touching movie)

"Carrie" carried both terror and humour mixture. ;) (I don't know if you know that I was friends with Nancy Allen....she played Chris Hargenson, the high school bitch/bully)
 

illustrator

New Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2003
Messages
4,587
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Lasza
I see several ADers are collect beanie babies. Noticed that some people so nuts to collect alot as tons! What's so special about beanie babies? Just curious :)

At least, beanie babies finally die.

I collect comic magazine
 

Pretty Woman

New Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2003
Messages
100
Reaction score
0
I used to collect spoons from different states but then I gave it away because I got bored of it. Now I collect diffrent kinds of bandaids. (Non-used ones!!) I put them on my tab boards all the way around. I have like 20 of them. Still looking for more! :)
 
Top