Cold Cases

Karmein Chan.

I remember that case when I was a child.

They found her body some years later but her kidnapping and murder was never solved.

Scary...such a cute little girl. Poor girl.

Jacob Wetterling.

He and his friend, both age 11, were biking on a country road. Jacob was snatched and the other one got away. When it would have been his high school graduation, his mom gave the commencement address. She ran for U.S. Rep. a few years back but didn't win. There was thought to be a break in the case about a year ago or so, but it didn't pan out.

Edit: I just checked, I forgot that there was also a brother along with them.

This happened in 1989.

I remember that one! It made national news, didnt it? Never got solved?

Yes, I remmy, too. And I think, not long ago, it was featured on one of the crime shows. May have been the one that Adam's father hosted before it went off the air. "America's Most Wanted" I think the name was.

Yes, I remmy, too. And I think, not long ago, it was featured on one of the crime shows. May have been the one that Adam's father hosted before it went off the air. "America's Most Wanted" I think the name was.

Yes, I think that was how I learned of it.

I do think it made national news. I was in college at the time and heard about it in NY.

And yes, Jillio, you're right. It was on America's Most Wanted. Feels like it was about a year ago. (Not sure if that was what spurred the possible "break" in the case that wasn't.) I saw on our local news that this case was going to be on that show, so I made a point to watch that episode.

Edit: Shel, no, never got solved. :( Poor family wondering where he is.

I do think it made national news. I was in college at the time and heard about it in NY.

And yes, Jillio, you're right. It was on America's Most Wanted. Feels like it was about a year ago. (Not sure if that was what spurred the possible "break" in the case that wasn't.) I saw on our local news that this case was going to be on that show, so I made a point to watch that episode.

Edit: Shel, no, never got solved. :( Poor family wondering where he is.

About a year ago sounds right. I just wasn't sure if that was the right show or not. I really think it is a good idea to keep putting these cold cases out in front of the public. You never know when someone will have information they didn't even realize they had.

The murders that happened in Phx was almost 20 years ago and this one just happened recently?

Looks like so. I wonder if he is the same guy. He looks he is transient so that would explained why those two murders near your home didn't happened again.

About a year ago sounds right. I just wasn't sure if that was the right show or not. I really think it is a good idea to keep putting these cold cases out in front of the public. You never know when someone will have information they didn't even realize they had.

The Jordley Rivera thread inspired me to create this thread because I have a bad feeling that her case will become a cold one. A strong gut feeling is telling me that they got the wrong guy. Just weird.

My mother had a mother come to her house years ago , the woman was a black market baby and the doctor that lived across the street from our house was selling his patients babies. The woman was trying to find her real parents and was also writing about. The doctor told parents that their babies where a stillborn or horribly deformed and did not made it. I don't think this case never been looked into and no one know how many black market babies the doctor sold! And we use to play with his kids. The really freaky part is that both my sisters where almost kidnapped by a woman! My older sister was getting into a strange woman car and older our brother came just in time and told my sister to get out of the car! The woman said she would buy my sister an ice cream cone at the drug store if she got in her car. My younger sister said a woman tried to get her into a car but she didn't. I wonder if this woman was working with the black market doctor!

The Jordley Rivera thread inspired me to create this thread because I have a bad feeling that her case will become a cold one. A strong gut feeling is telling me that they got the wrong guy. Just weird.

For some reason, I tend to agree with you, Shel. Sad to say. Things are just not adding up correctly.

Who's Jordley Riveria?

In this post, you might find this very interesting from my point of view....

Right now, as you know that I have moved house, my unit is very close to where one of the cold case that remains unsolved and has got my interest for the past year. Keren Rowland case, a 20 year old was murdered and the body was found 3 months later at a pine plantation near where I live. I have been there countless times, with my friend espeically come to night time.

At night time, girls who were with us, could hear a female voice ehcoing the pine plantation. This happened number of times, and it is very weird but what's weird about the pine plantation, there is a permie memorial statue there, from the 1940 airline crash accident. The body of Keren was found near the memorial site.

The murderer was never found, turns out after reading the resources, the father of the murdered girl was a lawyer, and I suspected fishy things between the lines of the resources I have read. The police commissioner who knew a lot of resources at the time of the case, was also muirdered in 1989, the murderer has been caught and jailed for life. This Rowland case happened in 1971, and this remains unsolved 40 years on....

Yes, there is one -- 5 houses down from my partner's family house in Buffalo, the younger sister of Deaf woman (she's a member on DVTV and yeah she's known as a loco Sicilian) was murdered in 1978.
The killer has still been gone unfounded and remains unsolved. The rumor in deaf city said the older Deaf sister did it...she has a history of mental and violent behavior towards others.

I had a deaf classmate was murdered back in 80's and her mother was behind it.. She had mental problems. She also killed her brother..Very sad...

Back in Nov. 2010, a family went missin about 15 miles next town from my town... Get this, FBI found 3 dead bodies in hallow tree all cut up... and found the missing girl alive bound,tied and gagged in the murderer's basement. They found her b/c they invesigated at local Walmart. All he bought was garbage bags and tarp.. They found out what car he was drivin and looked up. BAM!! They busted the door opened and arrested the murderer while he was sleepin. He wanted that girl so he killed her mother,mother's friend and the boy who was only 11 yrs old. They all were stabbed to death. The girl was only 13 at the time. She was sexually assaulted..Just sad! Believe it or not, I drive by the murderer's house every now and then.. I always look over at the house. They think he was becomin a serial killer. Just crazy!

Back