Cold Cases

shel90

Love Makes the World Go Round
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any crime that have occurred too close to home? Then these crimes were never solved due to not enough evidence or information?

I have one..this happened in 1992 and it was only 3 miles from my mom's house where I was still living at. I couldnt sleep for nights because it was such a brutal case and the women were close to my age at the time. I used to jog at that park so after the murders happened, I stopped jogging at parks and was never able to jog at parks alone anymore. To this day, it has never been solved. I still think about these two women and still wonder who did it. Almost 20 years ago. Wow.

Women cyclists' brutal murderer remains at large

In my town in 1981, a baby body found in garbage dump. Police go door to door, never figure out who was. All local babies accounted for. Still mystery.

Have any of you heard of Belle Gunness? She was a serial killer who killed a ton of people (estimates are around 49), chopped them up, and buried them around her farmhouse. Here's an article about her: Belle Gunness - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. She was last seen in 1908, so she's obviously dead now... But still! She lived in and committed the murders in my town which is quite small. So creepy.

Anyone have any crime that have occurred too close to home? Then these crimes were never solved due to not enough evidence or information?

I have one..this happened in 1992 and it was only 3 miles from my mom's house where I was still living at. I couldnt sleep for nights because it was such a brutal case and the women were close to my age at the time. I used to jog at that park so after the murders happened, I stopped jogging at parks and was never able to jog at parks alone anymore. To this day, it has never been solved. I still think about these two women and still wonder who did it. Almost 20 years ago. Wow.

I remember reading about this when it happened. It made national news. After 20 years, one has to wonder if the murderer is even still alive.

the Lil Miss/Lisa Marie Kimmel case, finally closed and done! The guy that killed her just lived right outside the town where I live.

There was also a case where 2 sisters were abducted, and thrown off a bridge here... one sister died, the other one lived, only to commit suicide from the same bridge years later. Of course, they caught the guys who did this quickly but yeah.

I can't think of any other cases that happened around here, or cold cases for that matter.

I remember reading about this when it happened. It made national news. After 20 years, one has to wonder if the murderer is even still alive.

I don't know...it still haunts me from time to time because of the nature of the murders. I was 20 at the time...the same age range as the two victims.

I googled to see if there are another murder of a female cyclist. I think I found one - Charges filed in woman. The man looks to be about 40's. I wonder if the police would use his DNA to compare the one in Phoenix.

I googled to see if there are another murder of a female cyclist. I think I found one - Charges filed in woman. The man looks to be about 40's. I wonder if the police would use his DNA to compare the one in Phoenix.

The murders that happened in Phx was almost 20 years ago and this one just happened recently?

I don't know...it still haunts me from time to time because of the nature of the murders. I was 20 at the time...the same age range as the two victims.

I can certainly understand why it would haunt you. Not only the similarity in age, but the sheer brutality of the murders and the fact that it was close to you would be enough to create a type of PTSD where you cannot let go of the memories and they still have the potential to freak you out a bit. Not enough to actually create PTSD, but enough to continue to "haunt" you.

Ramsey case.... Very very close to where I lived

Right. That was in Colorado. Very puzzling case. You would think that people would have stopped putting their kids in these "pagents" and sexualizing young girls after that. Doesn't look like it slowed down a bit, though, unfortunately.

Right. That was in Colorado. Very puzzling case. You would think that people would have stopped putting their kids in these "pagents" and sexualizing young girls after that. Doesn't look like it slowed down a bit, though, unfortunately.

Looked like it just gone up especially with that stupid TV show, "Toddlers and Tiaras."

Karmein Chan.

I remember that case when I was a child.

They found her body some years later but her kidnapping and murder was never solved.

Looked like it just gone up especially with that stupid TV show, "Toddlers and Tiaras."

No doubt. I hate that show. People sexualizing toddlers and young girls and then demonizing pedophiles in the same breath. Ironic.

EDIT: I am not defending pedophilia. Just showing that it can be expected in a society that sexualizes young children.

Jacob Wetterling.

He and his friend, both age 11, were biking on a country road. Jacob was snatched and the other one got away. When it would have been his high school graduation, his mom gave the commencement address. She ran for U.S. Rep. a few years back but didn't win. There was thought to be a break in the case about a year ago or so, but it didn't pan out.

Edit: I just checked, I forgot that there was also a brother along with them.

This happened in 1989.

Jacob Wetterling.

He and his friend, both age 11, were biking on a country road. Jacob was snatched and the other one got away. When it would have been his high school graduation, his mom gave the commencement address. She ran for U.S. Rep. a few years back but didn't win. There was thought to be a break in the case about a year ago or so, but it didn't pan out.

This happened in 1989.

Wow! How traumatic that would be for the two that got away, especially with one being a brother.

Jacob Wetterling.

This happened in 1989.

Edit: Yes, I do remember about this cold case. He is still missing. How sad.

Back