Cold Case Deaf show

you can't find it until 12-24 hours later after new show. geez haha

There's no cold case shows on iTunes, checked under CBS and doesn't offers yet. (You better gotta check out here) :ugh:

It's not true about 12-24 hours, one new show from Jericho is usually added to iTunes in early morning (recently checked) after aired on tv last night. (It was last few weeks ago)

Wow, that movie have a lot of ASL involved, and amazing storyline. Hopefully someone recorded the whole 1 hour show, and put it up on Youtube.com so you can watch it. :cool:

Yeah, Im looking foward to see it! Thanks Buddy!

:afro:

M-

I watched the show last night and it was very good! It impressive to me and all the casts in the show were great! This is better than last year show. I hope they will create more show that deaf and hoh can enjoy watching and making it educational for hearing people to understand deaf and hoh a little bit better.

[yt]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MpEzVwLHgqs&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MpEzVwLHgqs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/yt]
I sign in RSL (Russian Sign Language) . . . that is because I have more Russian than American friends. :afro:

You speak RSL.. I'll have ask my friend who know RSL and translate for me.. :)
He live in Toronto, Ontario. I'll email to him and help me translate your RSL to ASL. (chuckles) Amazing your RSL so cool.. I've learned few RSL only about 3 sign languages. :giggle: Pretty fun and amazing!

I have not watch cold case showing.. seems I've missed it!

Thanks to Webexplore e.mail to me and remind about that... I did watched!!!! ya ya :D

the show was good. The only problem i have is that they didnt get interpreter for when the parents were with the detectives asking questions. Why did the parents not ask for interpreter by law? Dont they know it violated their rights?? jeez this sucks!!!!

at least the ASL were used!! so that is wonderful!!!!! i laughed when detective were trying to sign and the mexican guy said your sign skills sucks! LOL!!!!

oh yeah my mom watched it and she said wow very good! she asked what would happen if i get ci and would i be hated for getting it? I said nah but it could happen.... scary thought....

If you're referring to "Emma Walker" played by Colleen Foy... she had a sign-language interpreter role on "Sesame Street" before. I guess she's hearing. :dunno:

the show was good. The only problem i have is that they didnt get interpreter for when the parents were with the detectives asking questions. Why did the parents not ask for interpreter by law? Dont they know it violated their rights?? jeez this sucks!!!!

at least the ASL were used!! so that is wonderful!!!!! i laughed when detective were trying to sign and the mexican guy said your sign skills sucks! LOL!!!!

oh yeah my mom watched it and she said wow very good! she asked what would happen if i get ci and would i be hated for getting it? I said nah but it could happen.... scary thought....
It was a one-on-one visit with the parents, so it's up to the parents if they want to request an interpreter.

Not every situation requires an interpreter, it just depends on the situation.

If it was in an office setting where formal documentation was being made, then an interpreter would likely have been requested. However, if it's just a quick visit with a couple questions... then the parents could say, "Stop, I want an interpreter."

As usual on TV programs, interpreting ethics and ADA guidelines were tossed out the window. :roll:

Also, TV shows like to focus on the "miraculous" CI vs. "our Deaf world" theme, like that's all there is to Deaf life.

It was good to see lots of deaf actors on the screen. :)

It was a one-on-one visit with the parents, so it's up to the parents if they want to request an interpreter.

Not every situation requires an interpreter, it just depends on the situation.

If it was in an office setting where formal documentation was being made, then an interpreter would likely have been requested. However, if it's just a quick visit with a couple questions... then the parents could say, "Stop, I want an interpreter."

Yes but still what if there is miscommunication? Thats why its better to have interpreter even for 2 seconds.

Very audist in theme was my impression, and I agree about the poor professionalism of the interpretor. Maybe other points of view will air when deafies write more books and screen plays.

Does anyone have a copy of the show? Apparently my VCR did not copy it all the way through. I am willing to pay for shipping, handling and cost of tape.

PM me, please!

The deaf actors were good but overall, a double thumbs down!

Yes but still what if there is miscommunication? Thats why its better to have interpreter even for 2 seconds.
As I said, it's up to the parents.

I'm deaf, but I don't need an interpreter if a police officer wanted to ask me a few questions at my house. If I had a hard time understanding him, then I would request an interpreter... but that's highly unlikely. :)

Cold Case this past week...

Did anyone watch Cold Case on CBS this past Sunday night? It was about a deaf boy who had disappeared (I can't say much more though as it would be a spoiler).

They had both deaf and hearing signers and I thought it gave a *fairly* accurate portrayal of the deaf. They got docked on this part because the parents of the deaf boy who had disappeared said that 'when the hearing and deaf worlds collide relationships do not work.' Maybe it there to portray that specific character's narrow-mindedness (the parent was also deaf). But I hope that the general public doesnt get that idea that just we have our own community (and culture), that we are unwilling to have relationships outside our 'own kind'. (how backwards is this? :eek:)

I am not sure where it was filmed but I assume given the old english style of the set likely one of the deaf schools in the Northeast part of the country. (NTID, RIT, Gally) - never been to any of their campuses so I really cannot say.

I will say this though - the guy that played 'Andy' was good looking - ;)

If anyone else watched this episode - please share your thoughts!

Then lock this thread, merge them, whatever it is you do.... :)

Back