cochlear war

sillycat

Reaction score
I saw this website Cochlear War on the internet and thought to bring it here for you to read it and comment on it. I am neither support or against CI. I believe it is up to the person who decides to have it or not.

http://www.cochlearwar.com/

Tousi, at least people are getting a lot more moderate as to the subject of CIs..............I dunno....I have to say I am very conservative as to CIs....I really think some people are overhyping them, and that site, does tend to raise some interesting questions that hypers don't want to deal with.

I personally haven't read it. If people don't agree with CIs then that's fine for them and they need not get one. But the fact is that CIs are here to stay and many deaf people are choosing to have one. I am in favour of choice and I respect their views as long as they respect my choice.

I think that whatever you do in life there is always someone who disagrees with you or thinks you are making a big mistake. In other words you will never be on the same page as every single person in the universe so you may as well do what's best for you and your family, since you know yourself better than anyone.

To thyself be true.

People who war against on CI is kinds stupid but it need be person's decide to get CI or not.

Cloggy thought I'm fake person but he haven't meet me though, that hurt my feeling.

I personally haven't read it. If people don't agree with CIs then that's fine for them and they need not get one. But the fact is that CIs are here to stay and many deaf people are choosing to have one. I am in favour of choice and I respect their views as long as they respect my choice.

I think that whatever you do in life there is always someone who disagrees with you or thinks you are making a big mistake. In other words you will never be on the same page as every single person in the universe so you may as well do what's best for you and your family, since you know yourself better than anyone.

To thyself be true.

:bowdown: Exactly, my dear Artoo! I agree with you in your statement, especially, "I am in favour of choice and I respect their views AS LONG AS THEY RESPECT MY CHOICE." (capitalized for stress)
And how have you been doing since being turned on? My grandson is due for turn-on next Tuesday and hubby and I're driving there to see him and family -- can't wait to see them!

To thyself be true.

I agree!:werd:

That is not good.... I have problem complusive disorder and anxiety disorder really hurt to suffer about to feel physical is that is bad inside feeling suffer. I don't like medicine than is worst to cochlear implant. Complant Implant is risk and not easy find out happen about to physical with inside mind well. I know hard about to inside feel sick worst to complusive disorder. I just some panic attack is risk but I know who people want to know let's complaint to against to government to paid to surgey. I don't belive not can do not say hearing about to become successsfully. I don't believe observe or opinion some that is not accept. I agree to Edmonton of Alberta is university is want to pull cochlear implant. I want to wait to about to hear some happens. I know feeling sick. Some people doctor don't understand what is means about to explained to psycholist doesn't understand percepetive behavior and emotion..... I know some people don't understand real complication. I know really sugguest to fight to try best change on fix human. I know worst ritalin is bad and not good attention sometimes loss my focus. That is awesome sad about to feeling lonely........................

I'd just ingore those Anti-CIers.. that's just nuts! I believe in Choice!!! What they wanna do with their life is their choice. I do not believe in forcing others to do in order to make other people happy!

I'd just ingore those Anti-CIers.. that's just nuts! I believe in Choice!!! What they wanna do with their life is their choice. I do not believe in forcing others to do in order to make other people happy!

I'm hearing, but I absolutely agree with this!!

I'm also for CHOICE. I must say extremism bugs me to no end. By this, I mean, extremes at both ends of the spectrum. I really believe that once a person decides what they want to do; people need to back off and support that person's choice. At that point, it no longer matter what anyone says. The person has already decided what they are gonna do. You can practically turn purple, and the person is still going to do what is in his or her heart.

I'm also for CHOICE. I must say extremism bugs me to no end. By this, I mean, extremes at both ends of the spectrum. I really believe that once a person decides what they want to do; people need to back off and support that person's choice. At that point, it no longer matter what anyone says. The person has already decided what they are gonna do. You can practically turn purple, and the person is still going to do what is in his or her heart.

:gpost:

People who war against on CI is kinds stupid but it need be person's decide to get CI or not.

Cloggy thought I'm fake person but he haven't meet me though, that hurt my feeling.

Well You have to understand Cloggy.... You had got me confused.. too... When i first joined AD... You claimed that your mother forced you to have CI.. and you hated it... then you start supporting Ci'ers and you also start supporting Anti-CI'ers... i got confused.... i did asked you whats going on with you...You never replied..
Again.. You claimed youre a gay for two yrs.. now You want a girlfriend.. I also got confused..... You also got Cloggy confused too.... You have to understand and stick with your honest word,,,, I never called you fake.. but i did asked you TWICE what was going on with you... you never replied...
You need to be honest with yourself and friends..... you change too many stories.. got us confused...
SxyPorkie

I am for CHOICES... I did see audiogist and. i was candidate.. but i chickened out.. for few years... i again saw audiogist recently.. it is too risky for me to have CI since i had two strokes.. so be it. i accepted.. it was myfault i chickened out few yrs ago..

Well You have to understand Cloggy.... You had got me confused.. too... When i first joined AD... You claimed that your mother forced you to have CI.. and you hated it... then you start supporting Ci'ers and you also start supporting Anti-CI'ers... i got confused.... i did asked you whats going on with you...You never replied..
Again.. You claimed youre a gay for two yrs.. now You want a girlfriend.. I also got confused..... You also got Cloggy confused too.... You have to understand and stick with your honest word,,,, I never called you fake.. but i did asked you TWICE what was going on with you... you never replied...
You need to be honest with yourself and friends..... you change too many stories.. got us confused...
SxyPorkie

Volcomskatz did get me confused too. For a while he claimed to be liberal. Now all of a sudden he claims to be conservative. WTF?

Volcom did get me confused too. For a while he claimed to be liberal. Now all of a sudden he claims to be conservative. WTF?

Yes I know... He did told me on AIM he threw fms or ha or processer in toilet... and he always say different stories about anything... i keep an eye and I have photogic memory... I do not forget easily...

Yeah that's true and I may would get bashed for saying this but this is my opinion. I believe that God is pro-choice because He gave us free will!

I serve on a stem cell committee and we're like 5 yrs away from human trials on stem cell treatment for hearing loss.

So be happy, the cochlear war is almost over!

Richard

But what if they don't work.. CI and Ha is always a choice to choose by!

I serve on a stem cell committee and we're like 5 yrs away from human trials on stem cell treatment for hearing loss.

So be happy, the cochlear war is almost over!

Richard

Yes I know... He did told me on AIM he threw fms or ha or processer in toilet... and he always say different stories about anything... i keep an eye and I have photogic memory... I do not forget easily...

Ya know, SxyPorkie and Lucia -- I've been wondering at the change in Volcum... -- he is SO different from when I first joined AD-- he was so negative in the beginning and now... hmmmm, wonder if he got so chatisized (sp?) that he's turning a new leaf??? I'm confused too! Seems like a snake shed a skin and grew a new and different one? :dunno2:

Back