Cochlear recalls Nucleus CI500

Come on, most of you all know what Jillio meant. Stop acting like you dont know what she meant unless you reallly truly do not understand deafness. If so, then pls dont act like you know all about it as well. I can hear but I am not hearing.

Come on, most of you all know what Jillio meant. Stop acting like you dont know what she meant unless you reallly truly do not understand deafness. If so, then pls dont act like you know all about it as well. I can hear but I am not hearing.

Exactly, Shel. The majority in here complaining about jillio's post are hearing. They really must not understand deafness.

Exactly, Shel. The majority in here complaining about jillio's post are hearing. They really must not understand deafness.

If they truly really do not understand deafness, then they have no place acting like they are experts in deafness. I am sick of it. Either be honest or stop playing these stupid games like the few posts above me.

Granted, I know a lot of people dont like Jillio and yes, I get tired of the fighting as well. Yes, Jillio should cease sometimes but others who complain about her should do the same too. You cant complain and yet do the same crap yourselves.

I didn't feel like anyone was being argumentative or playing stupid games. Just stating the fact that hearing is being able to detect a sound not distinguish. Its hard enough as a parent to make the decision to implant or not and and when you have to read through gobs of post with false information it makes it an even harder decision. I would never persuade a family one way or the other just state the facts of my personal experience. There is no wrong decision but there are half truths.

As for a Mom of a daughter with bilateral cochlear implants I had a very similar story and do feel the surgery time was short, would not consider there to be any recovery time, and when the CI's were activated she could instantly perceive sounds "hear." Even if she could never understand speech, the ability to hear a horn honk, or a shouted warning would make the surgery a success. Being able to talk 3 months post activation and understand many words ball, mom, dad, diaper, milk, eat, drink I consider that "Bam" hearing.

If they truly really do not understand deafness, then they have no place acting like they are experts in deafness. I am sick of it. Either be honest or stop playing these stupid games like the few posts above me.

Granted, I know a lot of people dont like Jillio and yes, I get tired of the fighting as well. Yes, Jillio should cease sometimes but others who complain about her should do the same too. You cant complain and yet do the same crap yourselves.

exactly.

No one said the kids are Hearing. They simply said they could hear, just like you did. They can hear with their implants, but they are deaf.

No one said the kids are Hearing. They simply said they could hear, just like you did. They can hear with their implants, but they are deaf.

It is a long story and there is history behind it. Nothing to do with you or CIMom.

That makes it OK to not tell the truth? The kids can hear. Why try to mislead and obscure it?

Not going to defend myself here but let u know that this horse has been beaten to a bloody pulp too many times here om AD over the years.

The best thing to do is read the whole forum then you will know why.

I've been hanging around and reading for awhile. It seems that most cochlear implant threads devolve into one hearing parent with no experience with cochlear implants arguing about the benefit children get from their devices with parents who actually do have every day, real life experience with cochlear implants.

Just my opinion though.

I've been hanging around and reading for awhile. It seems that most cochlear implant threads devolve into one hearing parent with no experience with cochlear implants arguing about the benefit children get from their devices with parents who actually do have every day, real life experience with cochlear implants.

Just my opinion though.

She has worked with many CI users who have shared their experiences with her as adults so she is not as clueless as some have claimed.

I dont know if you are a parent or not....parents tend to be biased. I know I am when it comes to my children so it is most likely we are getting subjective opinions rather than objective opinions from them.

My mom truly believed that I functioned well as a hearing person because I "survived" by being mainstreamed orally with almost no support. Doesnt mean that I am a hearing person.

Just my two cents.

Just my opinion though.

8 posts? my suggestion is to read the whole forum. :aw:

8 posts? my suggestion is to read the whole forum. :aw:

Actually, one can read a whole forum without making a single post so he could have read a lot.

However, if he hasnt gone beyond 2011, then he needs to go wayyyy back to 2007 to now.

So much history in that timeframe with the hearing parents and the culturally Deaf people.

That is why I said, "time to stop the games. Either you understand deafness or you dont. " No more lying, pls.

Actually, one can read a whole forum without making a single post so he could have read a lot.

However, if he hasnt gone beyond 2011, then he needs to go wayyyy back to 2007 to now.

So much history in that timeframe with the hearing parents and the culturally Deaf people.

That is why I said, "time to stop the games. Either you understand deafness or you dont. " No more lying, pls.

I'm fed up with this too.

Yes that's true. i said, 8 posts is that there are no responses in the past and all of a sudden its now.

i agree with the last sentence what you just said.

Yes that's true. i said, 8 posts is that there are no responses in the past and all of a sudden its now.

i agree with the last sentence what you just said.

True...if he has been reading and knows so much about us, why post now? Good point, Frisky.

Just my opinion though.

I think you're a fraud. I don't even think you're deaf. :)

Promoting JTC and wishing to have a deaf child.... :hmm:

Back