Cochlear Implants? Please help

munchy609

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am not deaf but I'm writing a research paper about the deaf culture and community and how they feel about cochlear implantation. I need people's actual opinions to incorporate into my paper, so I'm asking for your help. Names will not be used, but please provide your age and where you're from.

Do you feel that cochlear implantation will eradicate the deaf culture?
Are you for or against cochlear implantation?
Please write your thoughts and anything else that you feel will help me.

-Biana

Hello Everyone,

I am not deaf but I'm writing a research paper about the deaf culture and community and how they feel about cochlear implantation. I need people's actual opinions to incorporate into my paper, so I'm asking for your help. Names will not be used, but please provide your age and where you're from.

Do you feel that cochlear implantation will eradicate the deaf culture?
Are you for or against cochlear implantation?
Please write your thoughts and anything else that you feel will help me.

-Biana

http://www.alldeaf.com/introduce-yo...iews-questions-surveys-please-read-first.html

Hearing Aids & Cochlear Implants - AllDeaf.com

Read the threads already posted at the above link. There is absolutely nothing new to be said.

And my thought it it would help you to take a little self initiative and read first before asking repetitive questions.

http://www.alldeaf.com/introduce-yo...iews-questions-surveys-please-read-first.html

Hearing Aids & Cochlear Implants - AllDeaf.com

Read the threads already posted at the above link. There is absolutely nothing new to be said.

And my thought it it would help you to take a little self initiative and read first before asking repetitive questions.

I am new to this forum and "exploring" would take a lot of time since there are many threads and forums.
I posted a quick new thread that I can go back to and see responses.
Thank you for the link, I appreciate it.

The "controversy" was "is a Cochlear Implant an instrument of genocide to the Deaf community"? Harlan Lane et al-early 90s. The book " A Journey into the DEAF WORLD". I recall reading the book and disagreed. Also discussed-are the Deaf "oppressed" by the "hearing persons"? Presumably the study of Sociology assisted one to "understand Deaf culture".

Aside: I was not bilateral DEAF back then-the 90s-just right ear.

The other "area" should the Deaf speak- if able? This has been discussed here in Alldeaf.com.

I am new to this forum and "exploring" would take a lot of time since there are many threads and forums.

It would not be research if you did not take your time. Exploring is how you find the answers. And so many threads that you can use in your research if you just "take the time" to do so. :)

Wow, lazy much?

Holy fuck, the same few people bullied a person who described himself as "mute" are bullying someone who wants to know about something that directly or indirectly affects our lives.
For fucks sake, would it kill you to be nice or welcoming to someone?

it's not just that. it's just she could have done a search to find what she was looking for, not that hard.

So many students come to these boards, and essentially ask the same questions, so it gets old and repetitive. Same/similar questions have already been answered in the past, so just do a search to find that info and voila!

Last edited:
it's not just that. it's just she could have done a search to find what she was looking for, not that hard.

So many students come to these boards, and essentially ask the same questions, so it gets old and repetitive. Same/similar questions have already been answered in the past, so just do a search to find that info and voila!

Exactly!

Holy fuck, the same few people bullied a person who described himself as "mute" are bullying someone who wants to know about something that directly or indirectly affects our lives.
For fucks sake, would it kill you to be nice or welcoming to someone?

Not quite the way I'd phrase it, but very well said.

Laura

Or maybe it's just b/c you're looking for things to pick on us about, b/c you don't like us. " Oh they brought something up. I don't like them! That means they're BULLIES!"

It's definitly not publishable research since the op has no control to determine if the subject's are of the correct sample or biased?

Presumably the deaf Militants urban myth re Cochlear Implants are "instrument of genocide" glibly foisted.

Ongoing discussion in Sociology; Deaf culture, deaf Militants subsection

Back