Cochlear Implants Facts

Trainman

Reaction score
Before you have a Cochlear Implant read this.

Remember everyone is different .

It might work on some but not on others.

Its up to you!

Trainman

http://www.disabled-world.com/disability/types/hearing/communication/cochlear.php

Some like to continue to sign and do not want a Implant in which takes some time to get use to.

You can get some advice on All deaf from people who have both.:wave:

Pretty sure it takes less time to "get used to" a cochlear implant then it takes to learn sign language :hmm:

The above link is largely full of outdated or incorrect information. Not very helpful to anyone that wants facts on the topic.

Stay away from water? All three major manufacturers users are swimming while hearing these days.

I have to turn my processor off when taking off and landing? Oops! Guess I missed that memo. :roll:

Last edited:
The section "Difficulties with Everyday Use of Cochlear Implants" was laughable. Scrapping the bottom of the barrel to discourage people from considering it.

Everyday difficulties - having trouble understanding the guy/gal at the McDonalds drive through, sudden dead battery.

Everyday perks - I can remove it when I don't want to listen to someone, I can stream radio during meetings. Oh and yeah...it ALLOWS ME TO HEAR.

I'd rename that article to Cochlear Implants - Facts, Wrong Facts, Misleading Facts and Irrelevant Facts :)

So its out of date?
Please update it for me for more information.

Thanks. I'm new to it.

Before you have a Cochlear Implant read this.

Remember everyone is different .

It might work on some but not on others.

Its up to you!

Trainman

You can get some advice on All deaf from people who have both. I have one and it works great for me.

There are precautions to take so check up on them.

Back