Cochlear Implant War Forum??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel

♥"Concrete Angel"♥
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I came across to a forum about Cochlear implants, and I can not believe the rules stated as "moderators review all pre-posts before they are posted on the forum" ? How is this fair to all the members on that forum? especially the parents of the deaf children with CI who would like to share their stories but in order for them to do so, their posts have to be approves before it being posted. Has the Deaf Community gone mad?...:eek3:

CochlearWar Forum - Powered by UBB.threads™

Yesterday I came across to a forum about Cochlear implants, and I can not believe the rules stated as "moderators review all pre-posts before they are posted on the forum" ? How is this fair to all the members on that forum? especially the parents of the deaf children with CI who would like to share their stories but in order for them to do so, their posts have to be approves before it being posted. Has the Deaf Community gone mad?...:eek3:

I believe Matthew Moore set up that forum, I was asked to particular in that forum by someone what good would that do if I have to wait until my post is approval.

I believe Matthew Moore set up that forum, I was asked to particular in that forum by someone what good would that do if I have to wait until my post is approval.

Yeah, I agree. The mods at Deaf Notes will delete your posts if they don't like what you say. Matthew Moore is the owner of both Deaf Notes and Cochlear Wars.

Yeah, I agree. The mods at Deaf Notes will delete your posts if they don't like what you say. Matthew Moore is the owner of both Deaf Notes and Cochlear Wars.

I didn't like Deaf Notes.. I was a member there and guess what ? they deleted my user name :eek: I don't know why

I reviewed the site, don't think I will register. I was reading post, a name was on many posting - sweetmind.

It also states that the moderator has the right to alter/censor any postings that ARE approved....I have never agreed with any form of censorship so I stay as far away from that site as I can!!!

It also states that the moderator has the right to alter/censor any postings that ARE approved....I have never agreed with any form of censorship so I stay as far away from that site as I can!!!

Quite understandably so, Neecy. I've always been for freedom of speech.

That's absolute true, because it did happened to me while I was a member in Deaf Notes, I was banned for just disagreeing with Sweetmind. :ugh:

That's absolute true, because it did happened to me while I was a member in Deaf Notes, I was banned for just disagreeing with Sweetmind. :ugh:

I can believe it, Cheri. I got banned on my first day at DN.

Oh yeah...............such a surprise that Sourmind is the only actual poster there.
I used to like Deafnotes, but it just went downhill.
It really is extreme. I mean CI wars makes it sound like the entire Deaf community is against CIs. Which in turn makes hearing parents of implanted kids, think that their kids won't be accepted into the Deaf Community. More and more Deafies are becoming accepting of CIs.
Oh, and it's extreme, but hey.................at least its not an active forum.
I also know of MUCH worse sites, such as hearing exchange. The woman who runs that site is a NAZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh boy, I think I'm going to get in trouble for posting this. :ugh:

Yeah nothing news about Sweetmind and Matthew Moore in DeafNotes and such forums and chat room owned by them :roll:

I am part of the Deaf community but I am not involved with this forum nor do I participate in it. Please do not say that the Deaf community has gone mad when it is just a few extremists..thanks. Many of my Deaf friends are unaware of this site so they arent responsible for it. We dont need parents or anti-ASLers use this as an excuse not to be involved with the Deaf community. We got enough problems already.

Oh yeah...............such a surprise that Sourmind is the only actual poster there.
I used to like Deafnotes, but it just went downhill.
It really is extreme. I mean CI wars makes it sound like the entire Deaf community is against CIs. Which in turn makes hearing parents of implanted kids, think that their kids won't be accepted into the Deaf Community. More and more Deafies are becoming accepting of CIs.
Oh, and it's extreme, but hey.................at least its not an active forum.
I also know of MUCH worse sites, such as hearing exchange. The woman who runs that site is a NAZI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, I agree with u. Unfortunately, many parents are drawn to the Hearing Exchange forum and follow whatever that woman tells them. :roll:

I can believe it, Cheri. I got banned on my first day at DN.

LOL...I not only got banned, I got a nasty email from Sweetmind telling me that I was a fraud and didn't really have any concern for the deaf rights of children because I said that CI should be a choice. I guess because my decision was not to implant my own child until he was old enough to understand the implications and have input into the decision she thought that meant that I did not support the right of other parents to make their own choice. Didn't much like it when I said that CI had provided benefits to many deaf individuals.:giggle:

Funny....she thought I was anti-CI and was pissed when she finally understood my postion. And {Mod Edit: username removed--~RR} still continues to insist that I am anti-CI. One extremist from one side, and one extremist from the opposite side both accusing the moderates of being extreme, and using the accusation like an insult. Really pretty funny when you think about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, I agree with u. Unfortunately, many parents are drawn to the Hearing Exchange forum and follow whatever that woman tells them. :roll:

Yep, the hearing parents are drawn there because the first word in the forum name is "Hearing". They aren't looking for information about their deaf child, they are looking for information on how to make their deaf child hearing.:cry:

I am part of the Deaf community but I am not involved with this forum nor do I participate in it. Please do not say that the Deaf community has gone mad when it is just a few extremists..thanks. Many of my Deaf friends are unaware of this site so they arent responsible for it. We dont need parents or anti-ASLers use this as an excuse not to be involved with the Deaf community. We got enough problems already.

So am I shel, I m not blaming the whole deaf community, sorry you thought I was.

Yep, the hearing parents are drawn there because the first word in the forum name is "Hearing". They aren't looking for information about their deaf child, they are looking for information on how to make their deaf child hearing.:cry:

I really hope that is not the case. I hope they are just trying to find resources, anything to assist in how to raise their child. I like to think parents are smart enough to weed through all the crap on the internet to get to the great stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back