Cochlear and resound wireless accessories interchangeable

soutthpaw

Reaction score
I was at the local Cochlear event yesterday and the audiologist/Cochlear rep told us that the two brands are interchangeable. She said that the ReSound accessories are often available cheaper. such as the Mini Mic which is called the Milti Mic by ReSound. I am going to check with the audi at Costco to get some ReSound pricing and then I will post up the comparisons if they are cheaper.

I believe Chochlear Americas partnered with Resound like AB did with Phonak. I'm in the process of choosing a manufacturer right now and my audiologist mentioned this, however the info Cochlear sent me doesn't mentioned it. I sent them back a message requesting more information. I would like to know how the HA interacts with the CI processor.

I have both a ReSound and Phonak hearing aid currently. I LOVE the Resound's ability to connect directly to my iPhone wirelessly with no neck loop or any other accessory. I can stream music, youtube videos, or phone calls to it. I can also adjust the volume, program and bass/treble levels though an app on the iPhone.

I don't know about the accessories though.

I believe Chochlear Americas partnered with Resound like AB did with Phonak. I'm in the process of choosing a manufacturer right now and my audiologist mentioned this, however the info Cochlear sent me doesn't mentioned it. I sent them back a message requesting more information. I would like to know how the HA interacts with the CI processor.

I have both a ReSound and Phonak hearing aid currently. I LOVE the Resound's ability to connect directly to my iPhone wirelessly with no neck loop or any other accessory. I can stream music, youtube videos, or phone calls to it. I can also adjust the volume, program and bass/treble levels though an app on the iPhone.

I don't know about the accessories though.
Correct, Cochlear and Resound are partnered. Resound does work with most cochlear items and Resound is cheaper. But warranties differ for the 2.

Correct, Cochlear and Resound are partnered. Resound does work with most cochlear items and Resound is cheaper. But warranties differ for the 2.

Do you know how the hearing aid and cochlear "interact"? I sent cochlear an email but have not heard back yet. Here is what AB said how the AB/Phonak CI/HA work together:

The Naida Link hearing aid is made to work with the Naida cochlear implant and is the only hearing aid that can do this. Like the Cros, they use the same software technology so they can “talk” to one other. For example, if you push the volume button on the processor it will change the volume on the hearing aid. The same is true of the program button. Actually, using these two means you are listening with both ears in stereo!

Back