Cochlear America Recall

SouthFella

Reaction score
Bionic ear maker Cochlear recalls hearing implants - Yahoo! News

SYDNEY (AP) — Bionic ear maker Cochlear has been forced to begin a global recall of the world's thinnest hearing implants after some stopped working.
The Sydney-based company, which dominates the world's bionic ear market, said Monday it was mystified as to why some of its award-winning Nucleus CI500 devices were suddenly shutting down.
The company has begun recalling its entire Nucleus CI500 range, which makes up the bulk of its sales, from shelves after a rise in the number of faults with the CI512 model.
While Cochlear believes the faults are unlikely to cause any health problems for people with defective implants, they are offering replacement models for re-implantation.

You have to go back to the hospital for another surgery for this instance? That is precisely why I don't do them.

For these in australia to have the implant re-implanted, will be replaced with the freedom implant.

like there's much difference between the Freedom and N5 internal devices? N5 is just a different shape, smaller/thinner.... is there really a difference to its own components that the N5 internal is significantly better than the Freedom?

like there's much difference between the Freedom and N5 internal devices? N5 is just a different shape, smaller/thinner.... is there really a difference to its own components that the N5 internal is significantly better than the Freedom?

Did you read all the Cochlear marketing about the N5? Is it all just fluff now?

not really no haha. but I just got the impression there really wasn't much difference but eh. I'm not worried about it.

Back