CI surgery estimate

My private insurance cover the cochlear implant and the processor but I have to pay $500 plus 20% for outpatient surgery. Is that mean Im expected to pay at least $4,500 dollars? Seem expensive.. 0_o
I also have CCS (California Children's Services in short) and CalOptima MediCal. Can they help me pay the cost of the CI surgery?
If you guys have any other helpful tips, tell me. Thanks! :)

P.S. I picked Cochlear America because of lifetime commitment and reliability(I know there is an issue with N5 implant but I will accept Freedom implant for now)
 
You should have a yearly out-of-pocket cap on how much you pay. More than likely your costs will hit that. So look into it.

My surgery/hospital cost came down to $2000 out of pocket. Worth every penny.
 

ambrosia

Well-Known Member
Premium Member
You should have a yearly out-of-pocket cap on how much you pay. More than likely your costs will hit that. So look into it.

My surgery/hospital cost came down to $2000 out of pocket. Worth every penny.
and $4500 less than my hearing aids.....*head desk*
 

cdmeggers

Well-Known Member
yeah, CI is pretty expensive stuff. do ask if your other insurances will help kick in with the remaining costs of your CI, they might (ask your CI center, they might be able to answer this question, otherwise contact MediCal or CCS directly if they provide coverage for the CI). For me, Medicare covered 80%, and then Wyoming Medicaid paid the remaining 20% so I didn't have to pay anything.
 

deafdyke

Well-Known Member
yeah, CI is pretty expensive stuff. do ask if your other insurances will help kick in with the remaining costs of your CI, they might (ask your CI center, they might be able to answer this question, otherwise contact MediCal or CCS directly if they provide coverage for the CI). For me, Medicare covered 80%, and then Wyoming Medicaid paid the remaining 20% so I didn't have to pay anything.
Yup, and have a feeling that its going to get even more expensive.....just saying.
 
Alright cool. :) I will call CCS and CalOptima Medical if they are willing to cover the remaining cost of the CI surgery. And I will ask House Ear Clinic for some payment questions and how it work. Will post if I got any news. Hopefully good news lol
 
Top