CI Surgery Date :)

What BP said :) Comes with 4 rechargeables, the charger, and 8 disposables. The disposables last me about 14 hours of on time. Will let you know on the rechargeable as today is the first time I've used one. The use of AAA's is one of Neptune's benefits because if your Neptune dies while you're away from home (and don't have a backup) or out of town, etc, all you have to do is stop at pretty much any store for some disposables or pre-charged rechargeables!

Hi DeafAlex, I've been following your thread. I was wondering if your tinnitus has been better since activation? My tinnitus is awful but seems so much worse in my non implanted ear which is totally deaf. I know it will take some time but I was wondering if you can follow TV at all, without CC?

This thread has been a great one and I am amazed with all the terrific information. AB sounds so different from Cochlear. I thought all three brands were worn the same way BTE am I wrong? I have two recharable batteries that last about 2 days and have the option of using hearing aid batteries if needed. I like the idea of AA batteries.

Sorry if these things have been answered. My recovery experience was so different so it is nice to see positive experiences. Sounds like your doing amazing!!!!

Hi DeafAlex, I've been following your thread. I was wondering if your tinnitus has been better since activation? My tinnitus is awful but seems so much worse in my non implanted ear which is totally deaf. I know it will take some time but I was wondering if you can follow TV at all, without CC?

This thread has been a great one and I am amazed with all the terrific information. AB sounds so different from Cochlear. I thought all three brands were worn the same way BTE am I wrong? I have two recharable batteries that last about 2 days and have the option of using hearing aid batteries if needed. I like the idea of AA batteries.

Sorry if these things have been answered. My recovery experience was so different so it is nice to see positive experiences. Sounds like your doing amazing!!!!

My tinnitus is usually better when the implant is on, unless it's quiet. When it's off, it comes back. Basically unless my ear is hearing it has tinnitus.

I haven't been able to watch TV without captions since I was 8, before I went deaf. That hasn't changed at all yet. Maybe one day, but it's not een one of my goals, it doesn't bother me to read captions.

AB's Neptune is off the ear, as well as their PSP. Med-El is working on an off the ear processor as well.

But you don't have a CI?! Hearing with aids is completely different from a CI, of course you never had electronic voices. HA's provide amplified auditory signals. CI's provide electrical signals. A CI implanted almost always has to re-learn how to hear (if they've ever heard) because it's different, your brain has to build new synapses. In addition, profoundly deaf's brains have likely reassigned much of the hearing synapses because they weren't being used. This is why most deaf people have other heightened senses; their brain reassigns their unused synapses to another sense. Same thing happens when you learn a language but then don't use it for 3 years; your brain reassigns the synapses (or they die, depends!).

Wow Alex. I've learned so much from you in this one post alone. Thanks so much. :)

Glad to see that things are working out real well for you. I'm super happy to see YOU happy!!

Oh and I love that new avatar pic you have! Love the purple!!

Have had my CI on since 6am, minus two one hour blocks, so the rechargeable is 14hrs and still going :)

Have had my CI on since 6am, minus two one hour blocks, so the rechargeable is 14hrs and still going :)

That's good going. Wonder what your battery life will be with the BTE processor when you get it.

I've got 2 friends (sisters) with the harmony and they have to replace their batteries more then twice a day even with new rechargeables. I know it all depends on what type of mapping you have as well :)

Hang in there..

My first month or two after activation , I felt like I made a huge mistake. But it got better over time.So much better that , just over two years later , I was so impressed with the progress , I had my other side done.

Just hang in there and work with your audi. After a few months and your levels stabilize they can start tuning for how things sound.

That's good going. Wonder what your battery life will be with the BTE processor when you get it.

I've got 2 friends (sisters) with the harmony and they have to replace their batteries more then twice a day even with new rechargeables. I know it all depends on what type of mapping you have as well :)

That seems like a lot of battery changes. Have they told their audi? I wonder if there is something wrong with their CI's?

That seems like a lot of battery changes. Have they told their audi? I wonder if there is something wrong with their CI's?

There's nothing wrong with their processors. They have a very high drain mapp. I've known them over 10 years and they had 3 different processors over the time I've known them and they've done it with all their processors.

Really cool way to wear the Neptune if you have hair that can hold it :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 18
Would that be weird trying to hear with it on the back of your head though?

You don't hear with the thing on the back of your head.

You hear thru the coil with the Neptune or the t com which Alex has which goes on your ear. The box thing (not sure what its called) has no mics in it what so ever.

You don't hear with the thing on the back of your head.

You hear thru the coil with the Neptune or the t com which Alex has which goes on your ear. The box thing (not sure what its called) has no mics in it what so ever.

I was trying to find pictures of how that system works with no luck--but I didn't try that hard. So do you still wear something behind your ear and that battery pack thing?

Ok, so the mike is on the part that sticks to your head--kind of like Med-El's rondo but it's wired vs wireless like the Rondo

I was trying to find pictures of how that system works with no luck--but I didn't try that hard. So do you still wear something behind your ear and that battery pack thing?

Ok, so the mike is on the part that sticks to your head--kind of like Med-El's rondo but it's wired vs wireless like the Rondo

Have a look at Alex's avatar picture. It's shows this INCLUDING the t com which I believe turns the mic off on the coil and allows you to hear from a mic on the ear.

With the new all in one processor from med el, you won't be able to hear from on your ear like you can with the Neptune.

Back