CI Surgery Date :)

DeafAlex

Reaction score
Got insurance approval today and a date! Surgery is next Wednesday the 27th! Soooo excited!!!

Wow! that is great news! :) For me, I have CI evaluation next week (On Feb 28 and March 1) I am nervous and excited and Im sure you are too :)

Sweet!! I am so looking forward to following your progress :D you're the first person on here to get implanted since I joined.....I am far too lazy to read through the old threads.

So happy for you, best wishes!!

Sweet!! I am so looking forward to following your progress :D you're the first person on here to get implanted since I joined.....I am far too lazy to read through the old threads.

We used to have a lot of people posting their experience here, but it has been very quiet.....not surprising, as if you read many of the old threads, there have been some nasty comments from certain members with an agenda.

wooooooooo! good luck with the surgery!
Thank-you! I always love seeing your avatar as I have 5 African dwarf frogs! I raised 3 of them from eggs, they're 2 months old now :)

So happy for you, best wishes!!
Ha! Glad I could help :P
Wow! that is great news! :) For me, I have CI evaluation next week (On Feb 28 and March 1) I am nervous and excited and Im sure you are too :)
Good luck on your evaluation! I just had mine less than a month ago and am already having surgery! I'll pray your process goes equally fast :)

I don't have any frogs anymore :( But I sure enjoyed them when I still had them. Have fun with your froggies though! :)

We used to have a lot of people posting their experience here, but it has been very quiet.....not surprising, as if you read many of the old threads, there have been some nasty comments from certain members with an agenda.

Now that's just shocking *pretend that's written in the font of sarcasm* but that's a damn shame.

Good luck on your evaluation! I just had mine less than a month ago and am already having surgery! I'll pray your process goes equally fast :)

Hi there, I just read ur blog! :wave: and if you dont mind me asking few questions? You said you have issues with previous clinic in LA. Is that House Ear Clinic? That where I will go for CI evaluation. I hope I dont have problem with my new ci audiologist lol

Hi there, I just read ur blog! :wave: and if you dont mind me asking few questions? You said you have issues with previous clinic in LA. Is that House Ear Clinic? That where I will go for CI evaluation. I hope I dont have problem with my new ci audiologist lol

Yes, House Ear is where I had problems. However, they are a great clinic! One of the Audiologists just had it set in her mind that I was faking, no matter how much evidence continued to prove her wrong! The surgeon was great, although we were annoyed that he backed up the audiologist instead of making his own assessment.

I'm sure House Ear will be great for you! Just run away if the Audiologist who comes out to get you is young with straight blonde hair :P

some of them have CI yet they made nasty comments becuase they have reasons. :aw:

Congratulations, DeafAlex. You WILL keep us posted on all that is to follow. :wave:

Sarcasm alert:naughty:

People on other boards have used the above phrase.

sarcasm-meter-jpg.8323

Congrats. I haven't been on here in ages and I noticed the lack of threads with new CI implants.

Good luck. I look forward to hearing your story as your have your surgery and your rehab with your CI. I am just starting the process for CI evaluation, with my initial meeting in early March!

Hi Alex! Wondering how you are doing and how you are feeling now? My daughter had her surgery the day after you. I don't recall, did you get one or two implants, my little girl got two and is nearly back to herself now. Hope you're feeling just as well as she is, but I'm not sure how different it is at different ages. Are you excited?! We have activation on March 8th, I'm counting down the days :D

My surgery is TODAY Ashley!! I am VERY excited!!! I'm only getting one for now, getting the second in 6-12 months. Getting the right (slightly better) ear done first.

Back