CI Surgery approved today

iCozy Charging Tote from Sam's Club!

I love this thing. You can charge 6+ accessories at the same time. It is so easy, especially while traveling. Right now, I am charging, my CI batteries w/remote, mini mic, cel phone and my Chromebook. Have room for a few others if needed. Only cost $20 online at Sam's Club. When not in use, you can store your charging cables inside of it.

iCozy Charging Tote from Sam's Club!

I love this thing. You can charge 6+ accessories at the same time. It is so easy, especially while traveling. Right now, I am charging, my CI batteries w/remote, mini mic, cel phone and my Chromebook. Have room for a few others if needed. Only cost $20 online at Sam's Club. When not in use, you can store your charging cables inside of it.

That is awesome!!!!!! One drawback to the Ci's is all of the equipment, not to mention cell phones, Ipads, etc. I travel with a power strip everywhere I go these days but that would be handy to hold my extra charger, dry store, cords, etc.!!! I like how the plugs are set up so the cords with the big plugs can fit too.

Congrats to all those who got their CIs and are doing well with their activations! :)

Getting use to all the new equipment with the N6. Not sure if it is just me, my settings, but the mini mic doesn't seem to work as well as the plug in mic that came with my N5. Funny, people thought I was recording them when I held my mini mic up to hear them at the wedding. Think I'm doing well with my new CI, next mapping will be on Tuesday.

Getting use to all the new equipment with the N6. Not sure if it is just me, my settings, but the mini mic doesn't seem to work as well as the plug in mic that came with my N5. Funny, people thought I was recording them when I held my mini mic up to hear them at the wedding. Think I'm doing well with my new CI, next mapping will be on Tuesday.
How is everything sounding so far for you?

How is everything sounding so far for you?

Thank's for asking......with both CI's I hear pretty much like I did with the one CI. There is just a lot of noise coming from the new CI still. With the new CI only, sounds very robotic and voices are extremely quiet even with the volume turned up. Looking forward to the next mapping on Tuesday.

Had my 2nd mapping done yesterday, things are going great. My new CI now has the same settings as my first one. Strangely, I am hearing things with my new CI that I do not hear with my first one. Sitting in the quiet house, I can hear the birds chirping in the yard. I can hear sirens in the distance. Voices are still very robotic in the new CI but getting better all the time. Audi gave me the large ear hooks which are helping my CI's stay on better.

Been meaning to ask, but dread using the word as it makes mine louder, is the 2nd CI helping calm down your tinnitus?

Been meaning to ask, but dread using the word as it makes mine louder, is the 2nd CI helping calm down your tinnitus?

When wearing both CI's I do not notice the tinnitus at all. At night, with no CI's, the tinnitus does not seem to be bothering me as much. I am hoping it just keeps getting better.

When wearing both CI's I do not notice the tinnitus at all. At night, with no CI's, the tinnitus does not seem to be bothering me as much. I am hoping it just keeps getting better.
I get the same effect. But the longer I wear them, or the more noise while wearing them, the worse the Tinnitus is when taking them off. One reason I only use them when I have to.

For me it depends, I can still hear it with either ear. But if my tinnitus is going in my right ear, my implanted ear, if I'm wearing the CI it actually amplifies it a bit. Not too much louder, but noticeably louder anyway. BUT!!!! On the whole I have less occurrences of tinnitus since getting activated, so I'll take it!! Haha

Last night, some of the family came over for my birthday. My three year old goddaughter speaks super, super quiet. She wanted to spend every minute with me, OMG it was the best ever. She calls me MiMi and even with all the noise I am starting to hear her better and better. "MiMi can you play with me" "MiMi your my best friend". It brings tears to my eyes how much I love this little girl. Closet thing to being a grandma I guess???

Even though voices still sound robotic in the new CI, it seems to be picking up sounds that I have been missing with just one CI.

All my Tinnitus has dissappeared since my CI surgery... it slowly faded away over the months and now nothing... No residual hearing in either ear.

All my Tinnitus has dissappeared since my CI surgery... it slowly faded away over the months and now nothing... No residual hearing in either ear.

That is so awesome. I hope it fades for me also. It seems to not bother me as much when trying to go to sleep.

Yesterday, we were running a bunch of errands. When pulling out of the driveway I noticed I forgot my mini mic. Hubby ran back in n the house and got it. Went to use it and it was dead. Errrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! Wireless accessories are nice, but with the plug in mic I don't have to worry about it running out of power.

Back