CI mapping records

ClearSky

Reaction score
Hello!

I need to know your opinion. I have been to switched to three CI centers. The first CI center gave me copies at every mapping sessions of a report. I didn't have to ask for it.

The second CI center did at first, but then it was on and off with mapping records.

I am now at this new center, and I haven't seen a mapping record.

Do you get a record of your mappings at every CI mapping visit?

I like to keep a copy because I forget what happened. I hate to sound demanding, but I think it's a necessity to do this. I just want to know what has been your experience if you have had your CI more than a year because I know at first they'll give you records.

Yes, I always do. Always request it. I am not familiar with AB's, but I know once you get a full map finished, the audiologist can print out results of the maps. No harm into requesting.

I have to pose a question too..these copies are useful ? What about switchin audies should the old audies give you the mappings and records etc for the new audie? ( seriously considering to go to UK for a proper job.. )

What are these copies exactly?

I have to pose a question too..these copies are useful ? What about switchin audies should the old audies give you the mappings and records etc for the new audie? ( seriously considering to go to UK for a proper job.. )

What are these copies exactly?

Oh yes it is. The new audie gets to see first hand what programs you have been using. Having the Audiogram and HINT scores will help as well. Yes, the old audie should give the new one all the information.

Oh yes it is. The new audie gets to see first hand what programs you have been using. Having the Audiogram and HINT scores will help as well. Yes, the old audie should give the new one all the information.

I haven't done any HINT score! :shock::roll:

Only the classical beeping audiograms..

Also for the programs..it sure should be transferred..But I haven't gone yet for my 3rd mapping..:hmm:

I asked my audie for the records. I worry about the previous audiologist who was crappy because the hospital may charge me for wanting copies of them. I also don't need every one of the copies.

Vivie, if it's only been your 2nd mapping, then I wouldn't worry about any HINT scores because you are still getting used to your implant. I think they do one at about the third month or sixth month post implant.

You ask the old audie to transfer your records to the new audie. You can get copies as well. It helps to know which program you're on and what changes have been made. What you concerns were, etc.

I had my first month results last week and my CUNY test score aswell. I asked for it.
I guess if you don't ask you won't get...

What is CUNY ? and dear Charlotte..you never've replied to my mail..:(

I asked my audie for the records. I worry about the previous audiologist who was crappy because the hospital may charge me for wanting copies of them. I also don't need every one of the copies.

Vivie, if it's only been your 2nd mapping, then I wouldn't worry about any HINT scores because you are still getting used to your implant. I think they do one at about the third month or sixth month post implant.

You ask the old audie to transfer your records to the new audie. You can get copies as well. It helps to know which program you're on and what changes have been made. What you concerns were, etc.

But I'm at the fourth month post implant!!

Seriously my audie is starting to bug me out ..

What is CUNY ? and dear Charlotte..you never've replied to my mail..:(

Sorry :Oops: Will reply soon as i can. Problems with yahoo..

CUNY is those lipreading/listening test using mr boring (man with no facial expression on tv saying ransom questions or sentences)

Char x

Well, I asked for the mapping records, but she gave me papers with a bunch of numbers. I asked if she has a WRITTEN report. I have been to over 3 CI clinics. The first clinic would have a fully written report about concerns, how I am doing, etc., along with the audiogram if it applied. This center is far away, which is why I switched.

The second audiologist used to do a written report, but she stopped doing it. She was a bad audiologist for some reason.

Now, I am on the third one, but she gave me a print out with a bunch of numbers from each channels. That doesn't help. I have no choice. I cannot change to another CI center at this point.

It helps to have written reports because if you have to go back to search a program or progress, then you can easily refer to it by a written report, you know?

What's your audiologist like with your CI reports? Do they do a written report that I mention?

I don't believe I ever had a CUNY test. Everything was by sound alone. It's weird why each audiologist does different things. They skipped a test, so you can't see the progress before or after the CI. I can't remember which one it was.

Well, I asked for the mapping records, but she gave me papers with a bunch of numbers. I asked if she has a WRITTEN report. I have been to over 3 CI clinics. The first clinic would have a fully written report about concerns, how I am doing, etc., along with the audiogram if it applied. This center is far away, which is why I switched.

The second audiologist used to do a written report, but she stopped doing it. She was a bad audiologist for some reason.

Now, I am on the third one, but she gave me a print out with a bunch of numbers from each channels. That doesn't help. I have no choice. I cannot change to another CI center at this point.

It helps to have written reports because if you have to go back to search a program or progress, then you can easily refer to it by a written report, you know?

What's your audiologist like with your CI reports? Do they do a written report that I mention?

I don't believe I ever had a CUNY test. Everything was by sound alone. It's weird why each audiologist does different things. They skipped a test, so you can't see the progress before or after the CI. I can't remember which one it was.

My former CI audi used to write written reports during my first year of activation. However, once my maps became more stable, she stopped altogether and only provided me with numerical information relating to my audiogram, dynamic range and program being used: ACE, SPEAK, etc.

I don't know about your CI center, but mine has a computer program that keeps track of my speech discrimmination percentages from the first day of activation to the present. You might want to ask your audi if he/she has this kind of program. If so, this information should help you keep track of how you are doing.

My CI center will mail the scores to me if I ask. I like having a copy for future reference.

Our daughter's ci center has a record of every map that she has ever had. My wife always gets a copy of each and every new map and studies them to compare the changes that have occurred and question changes and suggest going back to previous maps and/or to specific settings for various electrodes that had worked very well.

Thank you. That's what I thought that maybe they stopped the report because they only do it for the first year with the implant. That's understandable. I always prefer that they write down which program is that mapping she gave me and what changes were made for that specific program because when there's numbers without notes, it is confusing.

I think that the best solution is to take a pen and take notes of what changes were made to each program.

How often do you get an audiogram? Do you recommend to see your audiologist every single year even if you feel you're doing okay? I feel that I seem to get mixed answers. It doesn't seem very encouraged like hearing aids.

Thank you. That's what I thought that maybe they stopped the report because they only do it for the first year with the implant. That's understandable. I always prefer that they write down which program is that mapping she gave me and what changes were made for that specific program because when there's numbers without notes, it is confusing.

I think that the best solution is to take a pen and take notes of what changes were made to each program.

How often do you get an audiogram? Do you recommend to see your audiologist every single year even if you feel you're doing okay? I feel that I seem to get mixed answers. It doesn't seem very encouraged like hearing aids.

After my first year of implantation to the present, I've had an audiogram performed annually. As for your second question, I've always seen my audi once a year even when I feel like I don't need a new map because my audi notices by doing an audiogram that I'm not hearing certain frequencies. Seeing my audi once a year also gives me the opportunity to ask her questions about any new programming strategies that are available (for example, Smart Sound 2).

Thank you very much. I can see why my previous audiologist was not a good one to stay working with, so I am glad to have changed. She was careless about keeping on top of things with the CI. I am glad she was not my audiologist for the first year with the CI prior to switching to her due to long distance CI center.

Back