CI evaluation tomorrow

ecp

Reaction score
Like the title says, getting evaluated tomorrow. If you are so inclined, hope/pray/wish that my hearing is crappy enough to get a CI or two.

Good luck. So you must have gotten an insurance to cover?

Whoo hoo break a leg. Oh wait no, don't do that again ;)

Ambrosia.....you just made my knee hurt:) Last year my leg was broken.

ecp......Good Luck hope things turn out the way you want.

Good luck. So you must have gotten an insurance to cover?

My insurance says they don't cover CIs but if you appeal they suddenly do so....
I'll be working with the implant company if I am given the go ahead to work on the insurance front.
and Ambrosia, not funny with the broken leg joke. just got out of that wreched boot!

Hope you get it!!!! Word of advice......it would be awesome if bilateral worked out....and of course I'm not an audi or a CI expert but, I think it might be a good idea to see how bimodal might work for you....I heard on a parents of deaf kids board, that they're finding that a good combonation for hearing is CI PLUS HA (if there's anything to boost) Of course everyone is different with how they respond to/like hearing technology so your milage may vary.

Good luck ecp on the CI evaluation. with a positive response from your insurance company.

I am officially a candidate.
My newest audiogram is:
250-500-1000-2000-4000-8000
100-100-110---110---nr---nr (both ears unaided)
45---45----45---55---70---80 (aided) <----but these aren't accurate since I have phonak's sound recover that moves high frequency down.

Unaided speech audiometery with a closed set was 20%
Speech understanding (CNC word list) aided was 12% (I got points for saying vowels which is all I could hear)
AzBio sentence test in quiet was 15%

So, praying for insurance approval.

Last edited:
The CNC test....is that the one I was telling you about? I don't remember what it called.

The CNC test....is that the one I was telling you about? I don't remember what it called.

I'm pretty sure it is. It was one syllable words only with a vowel in the middle which is why my score was so "high". I was told to repeat anything I could hear so I did and it ended up only being vowels and only on a few words.

My newest audiogram is:
45---45----45---55---70---80 (aided) <----but these aren't accurate since I have phonak's sound recover that moves high frequency down.

Speech understanding (CNC word list) aided was 12% (I got points for saying vowels which is all I could hear)

that's awesome!!!!! and I'll keep that test in mind for next month or so in the future :3

My newest audiogram is:

So speech recepetion was really low both aided and unaided? AWESOME! I think you will get insurance approval right off the bat, and not have to fight......

if you do run into problems with insurance denying it, your CI center and CI manufacture of whichever CI you choose should be able to help you with the appeal. Hoping it all works out for ya!

if you do run into problems with insurance denying it, your CI center and CI manufacture of whichever CI you choose should be able to help you with the appeal. Hoping it all works out for ya!

Yeah, I've chosen advanced bionics (it was a tough choice as AB and cochlear are both really bread companies but right now the AB processor is awesome and uses Phonak technology). They have already offered to help with navigating insurance issues

Back