CI and Skydiving?

yup! these planes are.... SHODDY! My plane was held together by duct tape and had a car GPS for navigation :lol:

I think they do that to keep people from chickening out

I think I would like to try skydiving. I know it's not the same but I went hang-gliding, it was awesome!

I think I would like to try skydiving. I know it's not the same but I went hang-gliding, it was awesome!

oh don't worry - they're pretty much the same thing - same thrill. I've gotta try hang-gliding!

because it's fun... and most of the planes used skydiving are not all that perfectly good :giggle:
This is very true. I have yet to find a perfectly good airplane. We had to hold the jump door closed on ours until getting above 2000 feet.

This is very true. I have yet to find a perfectly good airplane. We had to hold the jump door closed on ours until getting above 2000 feet.

pft who cares? :lol: it's FUN!

pft who cares? :lol: it's FUN!
I totally agree with you on that. Several FAQs on the internet say you cannot scuba or sky dive. That had me a bit depressed because I just bought my own parachute in November and have only been able to use it four times. This thread has brought some hope back that tomorrow the surgeon will say it is ok.

I totally agree with you on that. Several FAQs on the internet say you cannot scuba or sky dive. That had me a bit depressed because I just bought my own parachute in November and have only been able to use it four times. This thread has brought some hope back that tomorrow the surgeon will say it is ok.

ask me, not them :lol:

Let me reliteriate this. Most skydivers can get off plane between 15,000ft to 18,000ft. Under AFF (Accelerated FreeFall Training Program). I have Nucleus CI24 for 10 years and was able to jump out at 15,500ft with two expert instructors few times.

Let me reliteriate this. Most skydivers can get off plane between 15,000ft to 18,000ft. Under AFF (Accelerated FreeFall Training Program). I have Nucleus CI24 for 10 years and was able to jump out at 15,500ft with two expert instructors few times.

There's the OP's answer then. A answer from a CI user who has experienced this.

let me reliteriate this. Most skydivers can get off plane between 15,000ft to 18,000ft. Under aff (accelerated freefall training program). I have nucleus ci24 for 10 years and was able to jump out at 15,500ft with two expert instructors few times.

cool!

If air pressure effect CI, then we wouldn't be allowed to ride on airplanes, especially private planes since they are not very pressurized.

My concern would be that the processor (the hearing aid piece) would fall out.

Airplane and Skydiving at not at same height. Commercial planes typically flies at 36,000 feet. Skydiving is typically at around 3,000 to 15,000 (for more advanced skydiver) feet.

3,000 to 5,000 feet are common height for most skydivers. I've done it 3x. CI users will be fine.

3000 to 5000 feet is common for first jump students on staic lines IAD etc.
most experianced skydivers jump at or above 13,500 normally

airlines fly up to 40,000 feet but are pressurized to 5000 to 6000 feet..

If air pressure effect CI, then we wouldn't be allowed to ride on airplanes, especially private planes since they are not very pressurized.

My concern would be that the processor (the hearing aid piece) would fall out.

I would assume that while skydiving you would not wear the headpeice. I take my HAs out for most rollercoasters because i'm afraid of loosing them!
*EQL*

i went scuba diving while i have my CI.. however the safest limit is 82 feet according to the manufactor of nucleus (cochlear americas)

i remember the day when i was interviewing with the surgeon, the first question i asked was "am i able to go scuba diving" he replied "wow.. never thought a person will ask me this" but did some research and the safest possible is 82 feet deep. in fact i never gone deeper than 100 feet.. and there's so much to see between 20 to 40 feet. so why worry.

as for skydiving.. i have no clue... i am thinking of trying to go once in my lifetime.. I think the safest way is to contact the manufactor of ur CI

Back