Church folks held snakes!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
. Religion was why there was all that shit about segregation etc. B/c a lot of people believed that blacks weren't as equal as whites.

That's partly true, and we can hang our heads for that.

Darwinism caused it too. I remember reading/watching about a chart comparing races on PBS and people in those days took it seriously. Scientific racism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ...... and look how they treated this guy: Ota Benga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BTW, Primitive baptists are Calvinists. Calvinists believe that God does the choosing who will accept Christ and who won't. Westboro Baptists are Calvinists too. Calvinists believe that you are the must be elected ones if you accept the "TULIP" theories and Christ. I think Calvinists And many other religions and beliefs are a distraction from the true Gospel of Christ .

partly? No.......WHOLY true!

Did you read my link????? Also, there were alot of "Greedy", "Wealthy", "abusive" people who wanted to keep slaves. Why don't you stop blaming on Religion, and start realizing that ALL people are sinners who do stupid things.

True devoted Christians were poor and they cared about God more than owning slaves and making money.

Last edited:
Why don't you stop blaming on Religion, and start realizing that ALL people are sinners who do stupid things.

QUOTE]
Am I a sinner cuz

I like to drink beer.

I had sex before marriage.

I say bad words.

I have stole candy from the store as a kid. Shame Shame!

many more?

What I did didnt hurt other people (maybe except for stealing the candy..stupid thing to do) and I am human so yes, I make mistakes. Why does that make me a sinner? Nobody is perfect so I dont understand the "sinner" part here.

Not to criticize u, but I hear how people call other people sinners and how they should have to pray for forgiveness.Out of curiousity, I asked my good friend who grew up with strong Catholic beliefs what were considered as sins and I was shocked to learn that they were mostly things that people do to themselves. That's the part I dont understand. To me, hurting other people like beating them up, raping them, robbing them or murdering them are sins!!!

hurting other people like beating them up, raping them, robbing them or murdering them are sins!!!

Aren't you doing the same thing to the Lord? Robbing him from people who could have love him but listened to you instead? Murdering him by saying he doesn't exist? Beating him by saying all kinds bad things about the Lord? (I know, it a bad post, I am not very good expressing myself. It's one of my problem I have from growing up in a mainstreamed public school as a severely HOH in both ears. ) Believe it or not, You ARE hurting the Lord spiritually.

Thats right, no one is perfect. Only the Lord is.

Last edited:
...Nobody is perfect so I dont understand the "sinner" part here....
You are right. Nobody is perfect; that's why we are all sinners.

Romans 3
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

I John 1
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Romans 3
9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; 10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

You are right. Nobody is perfect; that's why we are all sinners.

Romans 3
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

I John 1
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Romans 3
9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; 10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

What about small sins compare to big sins? Are they same or what? If we break 10 commandment then it is mortal sins but if someone lust over look at woman's chest then is it mortal sin or smaller sin since this person has not break any 10 commandment? I got kicked out of CC forum last week because of my personal belief which they do not like it at all. They said I am committing mortal sin and I called them elite CC followers, oops which I know I am only human being with weakness such as sin as it is.

Some people still believe that. Like old school (Primative) Baptists and Christian Identity folks. Religion was why there was all that shit about segregation etc. B/c a lot of people believed that blacks weren't as equal as whites.

Mmm, some people refuse to become born again believer, bec this and that whatever "christians" are doing will not give an excuse to do so. I look at Jesus and the day I gave my life to Christ is an awesome peace and felt redeemed under the power of darkness, but yes, many times in Scriptures teaching us and warned us of life challenging and spiritual warfare, each of us has different weaknesses. Problem is this, we look at others failure or taking revenge by saying "what they do" attitude does cause each person that kind remain stuck in the muck. Like I said, it is "my" job to study and make sure of the teaching, and about black and white issue how "some" does, which they didn't see broad like, " don't think highly of urself than others", "love ur neighbors as yourself", "love your enemies" (does not mean approve their behavior). Even see where Jesus was in mixed race where Jesus ministered. Its not "them" is a problem, should focus its "mine" is a problem. Even some does impropriate, even I make mistakes, I must deal with my own before I do further. Even like part of the Lord's teaching, "forgive those who hurts you", He didn't say, if someone hurts you, you wait for them to come to you, He didn't say that. Blaming on chirstians is inexcusable to do so. If Christ forgiven me of my sinfulness so I should forgive others likewise. Jesus forgiven you before you ask Him to forgive you. Jesus didn't wait, so we shouldn't either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back