Christchurch earthquake

I find it odd that NZ did hit by an earthquake. It was kind of unheard of to me. I wonder when was the last time NZ was hit by an earthquake before five months from the last Fall? I guess I have to google it.

Whew! I'm glad to know we still have all our AD'ers!!! :D

I find it odd that NZ did hit by an earthquake. It was kind of unheard of to me. I wonder when was the last time NZ was hit by an earthquake before five months from the last Fall? I guess I have to google it.

Yeah, thats true but NZ is just about catching up by the quake. NZ lies on a ring of fire. The Alpine Fault is a geological fault, known as a right-lateral strike-slip fault, that runs almost the entire length of New Zealand's South Island. It forms a transform boundary between the Pacific Plate and the Indo-Australian Plate. Earthquakes along the fault, and the associated earth movements, have formed the Southern Alps.

Been very quiet since 1930s. A major Quake is on 4th September 2010. It was 7.1 Richter scale at 4.35am. but lucky no one is killed. Apparently one person died by a heart attack. Few buildings got badly damaged. After Sept 4th Earthquake, the aftershocks is still continue. A bit surprised that they got a new faultline lies in Darfield (about 50Km from CHCH).

New faultline comes as big surprise to scientists - National - NZ Herald News

Information about ring of fire. Pacific Ring of Fire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The earthquakes is occur in NZ frequently. We got a fault lines everywhere in NZ.Some fault lines are still active and some dont. A deadly quake recently it was 6.3 with 5km shallow and it related the aftershocks. It was felt from Invercargill to Wellington. We don't know when the aftershocks gonna to stop. Who knows.

Hope this is help.

I am beginning to think there is a new fault line running through central Arkansas as there have been numerous but minor quakes from Greenbrier over to Beebe, and north towards Marshall.

When I saw a picture of top roof church fell off, and I knew it is serious quake compares to last 5 month ago. I hope China's turn to help New Zealand. I am tired to see Americans help other countries, and got nothing in return.

The Chinese Navy aren't as strong as US Navy does for another half century. That's why they've got the new motto: America's Navy, A Global Force for Good. :P

My condolence goes to the victims of the NZ earthquake.

as of 25/02/2011 (yes our day/month is in different order) the toll is 113 and there are 228 still missing.

:( Grummer's report
but am relieved that the AD'ers ok!:aw:
thoughts and hopes to those in NZ -my condolences also!

I am glad of you hear solve safe rescue your SG grandmother (avoid earthquake!)

I am glad of you hear solve safe rescue your SG grandmother (avoid earthquake!)

no no Travis, SG went to Auckland , in the North Island of New Zealand for her Grandmother's funeral, she died from old age. Completely different and separate from earthquake. The Earthquake was in South Island, some 2 hours plane flight away.

No rescue, just old people die from old age,and in completely different part of New Zealand.

no no Travis, SG went to Auckland , in the North Island of New Zealand for her Grandmother's funeral, she died from old age. Completely different and separate from earthquake. The Earthquake was in South Island, some 2 hours plane flight away.

No rescue, just old people die from old age,and in completely different part of New Zealand.

Oh sad very scared risk on dangerous earthquake high risk!! I understand clear!

The death toll of last Tuesday's 6.3-magnitude earthquake rose to 148 (incl 2 babies) today, with at least 50 people still unaccounted for. Police expect the number of dead to rise over 200.

you don`t understand unfortunately you are misunderstand please respect to me I am sorry explaiin I believe seems puzzled communication are confused you think me I am not dumb no way

The death toll of last Tuesday's 6.3-magnitude earthquake rose to 148 (incl 2 babies) today, with at least 50 people still unaccounted for. Police expect the number of dead to rise over 200.

Just to be updated - the official death toll rises to 154!

Just to be updated - the official death toll rises to 154!

The bodies of some victims of NZ's devastating earthquake may never be recovered coz they were pulverised by the buildings that collapsed around them, police said. Very :(

Taking the total death toll to 159!

Back