Chocolate Chip Cookie Varieties?

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
Reaction score
When you make chocolate chip cookies using those pre-prepared cookie mixes, do you add anything to make them different or better?

If so, what do you add?

How do they turn out?

I usually buy two bags of Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix and one bag of Hershey's Cinnamon Baking Chips (or Andes Creme De Menthe Baking Chips)... then mix it all up.

Since there's so many baking chips in one bag to be mixed with one cookie mix, I use one bag of baking chips with two bags of cookie mix.

I tried it out last year with the Andes Creme De Menthe Baking Chips and everyone who had it ended up begging for more. My cousin actually sat there eating them for hours.

A month later, I decided to try Hershey's Cinnamon Baking Chips (since my grandfather-in-law and I love cinnamon chocolate)... those turned out to be popular too.

So, this year... I'm making two batches of cookies. One batch with Hershey's Cinnamon Baking Chips and another with Andes Creme De Menthe Baking Chips. I'm going to a Christmas party Saturday night and will bring half of each to that party. I'm going to another Christmas party Sunday night and will bring the other half. :)

Attachments

• cinnamon_chip_cookies.jpg
    cinnamon_chip_cookies.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 3
  • mint_chip_cookies.jpg
    mint_chip_cookies.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 2
I don't like mixes, but in chocolate chip cookies from scratch, I like to add dried cranberries, and also chopped macadamia nuts.

I don't like mixes, but in chocolate chip cookies from scratch, I like to add dried cranberries, and also chopped macadamia nuts.
I don't mind making my own cookies from scratch, but that's something I'd do when I have my own time and space to do so. When I'm in a hurry to make a bunch of delicious cookies for a party, I go with what I said above. :)

Chocolate chip cookies with skor chips added :D mmmmm I also make skor cheesecake and it's the BOMB

Chocolate chip cookies with skor chips added :D mmmmm I also make skor cheesecake and it's the BOMB
That sounds good. I'll have to try the candy bar first before deciding if it's worth making a cookie out of. ;)

Now that you mention cheesecake, I think I'll try cinnamon baking chips in my cheesecake.

I keep forgetting to buy cranberries. I d like to make chocolcate chocolate chip and cranberries from scratch so bad. YUMMY!

I did enjoy my own molasses crinkles cookies. Next time i might add the raisins in them.

Well, I just finished baking 60 cinnamon chocolate chip cookies, 60 creme de menthe chocolate chip cookies, and 24 fudge brownies... whew!

They're for a party today (it's after midnight) and tomorrow. :)

Back