Chilean miners found alive – but rescue will take four months

Wirelessly posted

Dixie said:
Having a mistress had nothing to be being trapped in the mine! I heard on the news some of the miners are really the news media release some of their medical records to the public. I think this could be ground for the miners to sue whomever gave their medical records to the news media .

No but in this day and age of superinformation nothing is sacred ground anymore. You're right the mistress had nothing to do with him being trapped in the mine BUT what I am getting at in here is that even if he didn't get stuck in the mine, his wife, his family, and his community still would have likely found out about the mistress and he still would have to deal with the consequences of that.

As for medical records, Chilean law may differ from that of ours here in the US. Chile is behind the United States in terms of development and economic status of it's citizens as well as in regards to education and healthcare. Here in the US we have the HIPPA law to protect our medical records from becoming public information through the media. In Chile, they may not have that federal protection. Yeah it sucks for them, but if they want their information kept private then they need to take the steps needed to have a HIPPA-type law for Chilean citizens. As for lawsuits, I think the last thing on these men's mind is a lawsuit as they are thankful to finally be out of that mine and now they are having to deal with the media swarm while trying to recover from their ordeal.

Weird, Chileans up here don't think of their country as lagging behind the States. Either way, every country is different.

And the mistress IS related to the mining incident; she is the one who came out and greeted him! If such secrecy shouldn't be revealed, she shouldn't had shown up on national television.

No but in this day and age of superinformation nothing is sacred ground anymore. You're right the mistress had nothing to do with him being trapped in the mine BUT what I am getting at in here is that even if he didn't get stuck in the mine, his wife, his family, and his community still would have likely found out about the mistress and he still would have to deal with the consequences of that.

As for medical records, Chilean law may differ from that of ours here in the US. Chile is behind the United States in terms of development and economic status of it's citizens as well as in regards to education and healthcare. Here in the US we have the HIPPA law to protect our medical records from becoming public information through the media. In Chile, they may not have that federal protection. Yeah it sucks for them, but if they want their information kept private then they need to take the steps needed to have a HIPPA-type law for Chilean citizens. As for lawsuits, I think the last thing on these men's mind is a lawsuit as they are thankful to finally be out of that mine and now they are having to deal with the media swarm while trying to recover from their ordeal.

Yeah you could be right about Chilean law not being the same as in USA, I was thinking about the HIPPA law that protect our medical records from becoming public information through the media. That has to real hard having to deal with all the media in their faces when they just want to recover and being left along with their familes. I wonder if a movie it going made about this, there is talk of a book or movie deal .

That is the problem. We think it's bad to have a mistress, while in other countries it's pretty much the standard.
It didn't seem that the Chilean wife thought it was "the standard." Even if it's common, that doesn't make it right.

It didn't seem that the Chilean wife thought it was "the standard." Even if it's common, that doesn't make it right.

Shoot I'm gay, and I still don't think cheating is the standard, lol.

I'm left handed and I still don't think cheating is the standard.

I'm deaf in my left ear and still don't think cheating is the standard.

See my point? I may not be right, but it doesn't make cheating right.:hmm:

Back