Children need be spank for misbehave?

• Yes: Explain why?

Votes: 20 47.6%
  • No: Explain why?

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • Not sure

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters
There's no one way or right way to discipline your child, There are so many different ways of disciplining your child. A swat in the butt (spanks) is nothing compares to hitting, but yea it is a physical punishment. But, I don't use spanking as a method of disciplining nowadays because my sons are a bit older now. (14 and 9).

Time-outs don't even work for one of my sons, He loves time-outs matter of fact he would sit there and sing songs. So I avoid giving him time-outs and would just revoke his privileges, that kind of disciplining works wonder on both of my sons.

You've got to know a kid's currency. For my eldest, it's his computer. That's how he talks to his friends. Revoke the computer privilege and he falls in line. Soon, it'll be the car. ;)

Time-outs don't even work for one of my sons, He loves time-outs matter of fact he would sit there and sing songs. So I avoid giving him time-outs and would just revoke his privileges, that kind of disciplining works wonder on both of my sons.

lol, my 1.5yo daughter will go sit with her 3yo brother in time out because she HAS to do everything he does. Sometimes she will just go sit there all on her own or she will act up to get sent there!

On a serious note, I am open to any advice on discipline for a deaf 3yo.

I recommend positive reinforcement for her, just like any other 3 years old. Charts, stickers and rewards work wonderfully.

I learned about therapist. spank or timeout are not good. I have to warn my son 1 warning if he still stuborn then I warn him 2 warning then if he still, I warn 3 warning, if not, then I send him to his room and take his games in 5 min. If he still stubborn again, I will say 4th, No laptop and games for one week. He hate 4th so It work so well. Trust me. He cannot live without his games or laptop. You have to find something that your kids cannot live without anything.

I recommend positive reinforcement for her, just like any other 3 years old. Charts, stickers and rewards work wonderfully.

That's good sign! I learned it from school and Supernanny on tv. LoL I will do it to my kids.

Have you even watch Supernanny on tv?? What do you think about Jo Frost?? Just curious.

There's no one way or right way to discipline your child, There are so many different ways of disciplining your child. A swat in the butt (spanks) is nothing compares to hitting, but yea it is a physical punishment. But, I don't use spanking as a method of disciplining nowadays because my sons are a bit older now. (14 and 9).

How about time-out for age minutes sit on naughty stool instead stand by the corner and wall? I learned it from Supernanny.

Sometimes giving negative attention actually reinforces the behavior. Some kids think that negative attention is better than no attention. Depends on the kid.

I haven't seen Super Nanny. I don't watch much tv.

I learned about therapist. spank or timeout are not good. I have to warn my son 1 warning if he still stuborn then I warn him 2 warning then if he still, I warn 3 warning, if not, then I send him to his room and take his games in 5 min. If he still stubborn again, I will say 4th, No laptop and games for one week. He hate 4th so It work so well. Trust me. He cannot live without his games or laptop. You have to find something that your kids cannot live without anything.

The room is not good idea. Because in room is for enjoy and toys. When is my baby's growing big. I refuse put kid in room for punish because the kid would play the toys and games. I prefer put my kid on timeout age minutes with naughty stool. It's my opinion.

In my experience with my parent put me in room with door hooked to lock it. I was not able get out of room. I banged on the door so hard and scream. And I wanted to play with my toys while I was punish in room. Is that make sense? I don't want be same as my parent's way. They were old fashion.

I have been spank and never had problem with myself. Now, I need hottie sexy who will spank me. :booty:

I voted no cuz I still feel guilty all those years from spank my boys when they were little. I wish I never spank them ever. My parents never spanked me but counselors at deaf school spanked me when I was 10 years old and I still carry that scar.

lol, my 1.5yo daughter will go sit with her 3yo brother in time out because she HAS to do everything he does. Sometimes she will just go sit there all on her own or she will act up to get sent there!

On a serious note, I am open to any advice on discipline for a deaf 3yo.
3 years old deaf boy, wow tough one. Time out is only thing I can think and it worked on my boys but I do not know about you and do not know you well enough if you communicate with your son in sign language or what? Talk, talk, talk and let him know that is wrong. As for me being a deaf parent to hearing child was not easy for me either. I tried to remember how my parents disciplined me, I remember they send me to bedroom when I refused to obey them and stay there till bedtime. It was only way it worked for them espeically they could not communicate with me at all.

When my daughter was little I tried spanking her and I don't feel it was affective as a discipline method. I have not spanked my daughter in years. Now I know and practice other alternative methods, so I vote "no" for spanking. As long as you are consistant with your method of choice it should work out fine. I feel spanking is more for the parents need to vent frustrations and that is not good for the child.

Spanking is a gray area, it depends but I'd use it in severe cases to stop hehavior that endangers themselves or others. Primarily, I would be firm with him/her, AND discuss with them why what they did is wrong. Not many parents talk to their kids, I think with a lack of communication, it only adds to the child's inability to reason what is inappropriate behavior or not.

I prefer using a 2 by 4

I always say the 2 by 4 with rusty nails!!

Seriously, I voted yes, but only with hand and not very often. Usually a grounding worked. Now (they are 14 & 15) grounding doesn't work, but taking away Playstation, Nintendo Ds's and computer time does work. Also, son goes to Yu-Gi-Oh tournaments every weekend. He knows he will lose that if he screws up.

I second Kristina. I can use my open hand spank for rare. In case it's serious misbehave. The spank will not help for teenager. I told my dad stop spank me when I was 11. He said, "You better be good girl". He can give me the money for allowance to do chores. Whenever I got into at dorm. He was ground me like no phone, no tv, no hang out with friends, and no play video games.

:aw: I'm raising 6 kids and don't believe in spanking. The best thing that works here is taking away privelages. No car for the teenager, no cell phone for the other whatever they are hooked to the most take it away.......I would just love to smash up the X-Box:lol:

My sister spanked her two daughters softly when they were 10 to 13 years olds. After that, she stopped using the spank method, and then she yelled at her children.

She complained that she is tired from all the work by herself in the house. Now, the kids are 16 and 18, and they are very spoiled. When her daughter was 13 years old, she professionally manipulated her parents for her own excuses.

I believe now that her daughter still manipulates people sometimes. One time, the daughter was in the TV room at 1 a.m., and my mother told her to go to bed. But, she said very nasty to my mother that made her mad, and she slapped her face. (The kid said, "I want you to die...") Then, the kid cried and called her parents at a restaurant. ...Her parents believed her... Wow! My mother refused to apology her because she had to do it as she is the grandmother. I realized that my mother is right about that.

I also realized that my sister is a lousy mother for not enough responsibility to spank them.

Obviously, my sister and her husband gave them expensive toys and expensive clothes. I bet that the parents must have felt guilty for not enough provide them what the kids needed when they were little kids. Who knows. I think that it was stupid.

I believe that some medium spankings and most talks are better than yelling and no spankings. Taking their favorite things out that also work. Hope that helps.

Back