Childhood memories

Gumby

gumby.jpg

We had Gumby and Pokey.

I also had a crap load of Barbie dolls including 3 of the original ones and an original Ken doll. Had a 3 story house, the swimming pool, convertible, bicycle, and was overrun with clothing. Mom and I made a bunch from sewing or she would knit them. Still have a bunch that she made, but no dolls left. Daughter played with them, the originals all broke (dried out) and then we passed on all of the stuff that was mine and what daughter got to some people with young girls.

I will be right over! I will bring these:

2hmfssh.jpg
I remember playing with those when I visited my grandparents years ago for Thanksgiving.

I found them elsewhere, but they were newer and made of plastic that could snap together. :roll:

I remember playing with those when I visited my grandparents years ago for Thanksgiving.

I found them elsewhere, but they were newer and made of plastic that could snap together. :roll:

No way! Plastic??? What kind of log is that???

I used to love the smell when I opened the bucket I had them stored in.

No way! Plastic??? What kind of log is that???

I used to love the smell when I opened the bucket I had them stored in.
Know the little notch that's on each ends? That's where you stack the "logs" to build your cabin. Unfortunately, they can easily fall apart if you didn't handle it properly.

The "improved" version had those logs made of plastic with little pegs (similar to LEGO) that allowed you to snap the logs together. Now, you can pick up the whole house without worrying about it falling apart so easily.

One of my favorite childhood toys was the Madeline doll. It was my favorite doll of all time. madelinedoll.jpg

Another childhood memory is my boyfriend. We were best friends at the time and I remember racing him up and down the soccer field to see who was the fastest runner. And that at the end of the school week, we would see who is the tallest. Whenever i'm one inch taller than him, he would always freak out :giggle: And that the one memory that I remember the most is that when both my boyfriend and I were in speech therapy, the therapist left the room and i decided to kiss him on the cheek quickly and he wiped off the kiss but he ended up smiling as he was looking down on his lap. :lol:

Know the little notch that's on each ends? That's where you stack the "logs" to build your cabin. Unfortunately, they can easily fall apart if you didn't handle it properly.

The "improved" version had those logs made of plastic with little pegs (similar to LEGO) that allowed you to snap the logs together. Now, you can pick up the whole house without worrying about it falling apart so easily.

That's not a log cabin; that's a Lego cabin! :thumbd:

game_swedish.jpg

I used to play hockey game very similar in pic (tablehockey) with my family all da time. I always won!

game_swedish.jpg

I used to play hockey game very similar in pic (tablehockey) with my family all da time. I always won!

I loved this game. I remember playing it at the store when I was a kid, and at parties when I was older.

I loved this game. I remember playing it at the store when I was a kid, and at parties when I was older.

It was a blast....

Ms Pac Man Arcade
1181242138309.gif

I didnt care I was Ms Pac Man or Pac Man b.c I liked chasin' the ghosts. :giggle:

Back