Childhood memories

Do any of the other ladies here remember a toy set that was something like a paper doll, but it was vinyl or heavy cardboard coated with something shiny, and there was a set of stick-on clothes and accessories and things? Also the "house" was a flat board that you could stick the flat dolls on to. Anyone remember that? It was from about the mid-50's. My best friend and I used to play with those things for hours.

I remember this. The clothes were heavy vinyl and I loved the way they smelled. The "doll" was heavy cardboard, like a preschool jigsaw puzzle.

I wanted to post a topic with pictures of items from when you were young. I will start...

2ymzhv4.jpg

Clacker balls

what is that!!! sex toy? :dunno:

When I was the little girl and mostly played at outdoor with neighbor's kids. My favoite that we played kick ball on our road or yard! Snow slide on the hill road as well :)

We had something very much like that. Also a tin doll-house that was about the same proportion.

Do any of the other ladies here remember a toy set that was something like a paper doll, but it was vinyl or heavy cardboard coated with something shiny, and there was a set of stick-on clothes and accessories and things? Also the "house" was a flat board that you could stick the flat dolls on to. Anyone remember that? It was from about the mid-50's. My best friend and I used to play with those things for hours.

:wave: Yeah, I remember those dolls. I'm sooooo old. :giggle: :hmm: Wait a minute, I was born in the mid-50's, so maybe I remember chewing on my sister's. :shock:

We had something very much like that. Also a tin doll-house that was about the same proportion.

This? Colorforms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, that is the name. Here are a couple of pics I found:

2uxxun4.jpg
29oj33d.jpg

I loved my Colorforms sets. I had a big Disney one with Sleeping Beauty scenes and characters. Also had other ones but that was my favorite.

I loved my Colorforms sets. I had a big Disney one with Sleeping Beauty scenes and characters. Also had other ones but that was my favorite.

Wow, I was flipping through threads and totally misread this initially as "...my Chloroform sets..."

Yes!! We had that set of geometric shapes that we used to make "cars" and buildings and things, plus another set that was a doll and a wardrobe of clothes. That was before they had the licensed characters from Disney and all that; it was just a generic girl doll and clothes.

We had the Lincoln Logs, too.

I remember the Gumby one. I didn't like dolls at all, but I had a lot of Gumby stuff, including a rubber Gumby doll.

Back