Childhood memories

Apparently I had a lot of toys. I keep remembering more..

cutbarn.jpg

I had an Erector set as a girl... I remember it and Tinker Toys being lots of fun.
Yes, they had little screws and nuts that fastened these things together. It was kind of a headache for small fingers.

Yes, they had little screws and nuts that fastened these things together. It was kind of a headache for small fingers.

I remember having tools like wrenches and putting them together and angling just right. I don't know if they came with it, maybe my family just added them.

Our beagle was a kleptomaniac and stole things from people yards! He came home with a monkey like that!! LOL!!

My parent's Cockapoo really liked footballs. He would manage to hold them by getting his teeth in the lacing and bring them home.

Our poodle/scottie would climb the orange trees and knock the oranges to the ground, then jump down and eat the oranges, peel and all.

I am searching for a picture of Batman sunglasses I had when I was about 10. They had the batwings coming up from the frame in front and I felt very cool as the only kid in the neighborhood who had them. But I can't seem to find them. I think they may have been kind of a disposable item.

My parent's Cockapoo really liked footballs. He would manage to hold them by getting his teeth in the lacing and bring them home.

Our Beagle , Rum stole anything he found in people yard! We never knew the stuff same from!

I remember having tools like wrenches and putting them together and angling just right. I don't know if they came with it, maybe my family just added them.

Yes, there were tools. Hard to imagine the patience required to build some of those projects.

106126106_c62857c00d.jpg

Duke of Hazzard Hot Wheels. :) (no Im not the kid)

I used to ride one as early as 6am. LoL All 3 tires went bald very fast!

wwf_wrestling_ring_002b.jpg

I had the whole collection of wrestlers and the ring. The ring was so bad in shape I had to use duck tape to keep it together. Good ole days. Junkyard Dog won all of his matches. :)

Apparently I had a lot of toys. I keep remembering more..

cutbarn.jpg

We had something very much like that. Also a tin doll-house that was about the same proportion.

Do any of the other ladies here remember a toy set that was something like a paper doll, but it was vinyl or heavy cardboard coated with something shiny, and there was a set of stick-on clothes and accessories and things? Also the "house" was a flat board that you could stick the flat dolls on to. Anyone remember that? It was from about the mid-50's. My best friend and I used to play with those things for hours.

Back