Child crying while CI being activated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful news...

I hope he didn't have to suffer anymore.

So, now that he is "fixed" just forget about sign language.

Sarcasm...? Please?

Because of society's view that being deaf is soooo horrible and we would be better off to be able to hear.

But why do hearies get to decide what is 'better' for deafies? Such oxymoron. :roll:

But why do hearies get to decide what is 'better' for deafies? Such oxymoron. :roll:

Those hearies who feel that they get to decide are audists.

See that woman laugh when he cried. Disgusting.

Mind if I put electronic shock helmet on her head?

:( Poor kid...

If it is too loud, someone needs to tone it down. =/

this is child abuse.

I'm afraid I have to disagree. While I don't think it's a good idea to force CIs upon little kids - calling it child abuse is a bit extreme.

If that were true, parents would get arrested every time they brought their kids into the doctor for shots. Those hurt, make kids cry...

Very sad!...I can relate to ear pain....after surgery and the infection the doctor had the nerve to tell me he would implant me for the CI in February after I healed from the surgery if I wanted to.....(and I was in the hospital bed)...

I told him a flat-out..."No Thank You"!....And I'm beginning to lean towards anti-CI implants more each day....leave the kids out of it....If the adults want one and can endure those painful surgeries, then go for it...I, for one, will not!

I'm afraid I have to disagree. While I don't think it's a good idea to force CIs upon little kids - calling it child abuse is a bit extreme.

If that were true, parents would get arrested every time they brought their kids into the doctor for shots. Those hurt, make kids cry...

I call it child abuse. Just because the law says it isn't doesn't change facts.

My grandma arms are in a tizzy. Whether to hold that poor child close while snatching him away from those laughing sadists or whether to slap that woman first??

His big brown eyes were so bewildered, so much fear, signing "hurt" and only laughter in response. This is not humane.

My grandma arms are in a tizzy. Whether to hold that poor child close while snatching him away from those laughing sadists or whether to slap that woman first??

His big brown eyes were so bewildered, so much fear, signing "hurt" and only laughter in response. This is not humane.

Did you hear laughing in the background? :shock:

I don't hear. I just "felt" it from the uncaring face and the smiling glance toward the person at the console. My husband says that they are saying "everything is fine" and the boy is calling for his mama. It is too heartbreaking for me.

Have any of you seen the video of the second time the implant was activated? He seems a lot calmer and happier there.

Have any of you seen the video of the second time the implant was activated? He seems a lot calmer and happier there.

the first time I got slammed into a locker I cried and screamed.
The second time I knew that crying and screaming only hurt my throat so I sucked it up. Nothing I could do about the pain and closed space anyways so I stayed calm and when I got out I was the same " happy" girl for my parents.

The stress and pain were the same, my reaction just changed because I had no control over the circumstances. The same can be said for that boy.

This infuriates me. I can't say more at this point in time without a risk of banning. Instances like this make it difficult for me to control my response and be nice.

So, he has learned to endure the pain inflicted on him? Most children who are victims of child abuse "appear" to be happy and calm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back